cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Game of Thrones S8 fan chat *WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS*

PLEASE NOTE ... This is a thread for discussion about the plot and characters in Game of Thrones S8 - this thread will contain SPOILERS for upcoming or recently aired episodes of S8 - don't read any further if you want to avoid! 

If you have any problems or issues with watching GoT on NOW TV please start a new topic to make sure it gets the right attention.

All welcome! Dracarys!

got.jpg

389 REPLIES 389
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy wrote:

@Anonymous User @Lindzi yes, Qyburn was next to useless, my only regret is I would have liked to see Cersei push him! And honestly, when Cersei just walked past The Hound on the staircase, would it really have been too much effort just to give her a little shove? 

As it is, whilst it gave Cersei and Jaime a nice little moment together how disappointing an end for Cersei just to be crushed by a load of rubble - let’s face it, it’s going to six months before they get round to finding her! So much for all our speculation over who was going to finish her off! How were we supposed to come up with reconstituted stone as the answer!!!! 

@Andy @Lindzi 

Yes, not really the ending Cersei deserved....... was hoping that Dany and her Dragon were going to fly over to the Red Keep and burn her alive as she stood there staring out the window, but no such luck!!!!

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User   @Andy 

I kinda thought that she'd get a more interesting death and was a bit disappointed. But I suppose we love to hate her and she died with the brother/lover like they wanted, so leave the world as they came in....together. The hound made it up for me 🙂

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi @Anonymous User  My mate’s just made a good observation ... the war of fire and ice is all about Jon vs Dany and nothing to do with the Night King at all! Where do we think it leads next week? I’m still going on my Romeo-Juliet scenario - Jon kills Dany, can’t live with the action and kills himself leaving Sansa to take the throne. My mate just added she’ll marry Tyrion and both rule together! 

So now we’ve seen part one, what direction are you heading in?

I tell you what, it’s a good job Dany only ended up with 1 dragon in the end. Imagine if she had all three! Whoever wins will be ruler over two houses of ill-repute in Flea Pit and Hot Pie’s pub. Everything else in the seven kingdom’s is burnt to a crisp!

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy   @Anonymous User 

Yes Dany has to die I think, at who's hand though? Jon..has he got it in him? Arya def has and she saw all the death in kings landing. 

Iron throne will cease to exist.....I'm still going with a council with all kingdoms having a place on it. Tyrion or Jon will break the wheel once and for all

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Lindzi @Andy 

Trying to stay true to my quiz answers (just gave them a quick check), I still think Jon Snow might end up ruling, but ruling over what, there's not much left.

Dany will certainly be bumped off, but by who...... depends who gets to her first!!

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User   @Andy 

Oh no I've had a horrible thought!! If they kill Dany will they kill the dragon too? That would be too much!! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Lindzi @Andy 

I'm fancying Arya to get Dany........ and could she get her using the face trick thing????

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Lindzi ooooo ... I just can’t help thinking the show runners will see Jon as an obvious choice and throw us another curveball by killing him off .... but maybe we are so used to curveballs in GoT that the ultimate curveball will be to give us the best ruler after all!! 

Lindzi’s been on the ball all way through, but I still think a council is too civilised for GoT! 

Whatever happens I’m sure there’s still plenty of surprises left to come! We’re gonna be sooo gutted when it all ends, what’s the word on when the prequel will air? Next year I hope??? 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Lindzi @Andy 

I'm fancying Arya to get Dany........ and could she get her using the face trick thing????

Ahhh yes, we all predicted we would see Arya wearing a face again, and it’s not happened yet!! BUT would the show runners choose Arya for such a major moment, given she’s already had a huge moment in being the one to kill the Night King? I’m predicting no, but only cos my quiz question score is looking pretty rubbish so far! 😂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy wrote:

Whatever happens I’m sure there’s still plenty of surprises left to come! We’re gonna be sooo gutted when it all ends, what’s the word on when the prequel will air? Next year I hope??? 

@Andy @Lindzi 

Only seems like yesterday we started this final season and now just one week to go!!!!!

Surely the prequel will be next year, don't want to make the fans wait too long or they'll lose interest.  Hope the new show gets as much of a budget as this one... do it big or not at all!!!!!!