cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Charges

Signs up for "free trial" and charged £7.99 and £11.99??? Taking people on I want a refund ASAP and I absolutely not ever be dealing with you again.
5 REPLIES 5
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

It’s clearly described as a 7 day free trial which you can cancel at any time during the 7 days; but if you don’t, NowTV assumes that you are pleased with the services and want to join, and the services continue from month to month on a paid basis.

As you have found.

As a rule of thumb, if something you think is ‘free’ is asking for payment details, then check carefully on why.

But NowTV has no desire to profit from genuine customer mistakes, so if you now Cancel these Passes, you will not be charged again; and if you have not used the Passes since the existing charges started, then contact Live Chat, and you will likely be refunded:-

Get in Touch (all the options, and the best place to start):-

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/

On a screen with big buttons all around, you may find the link you need is under a tiny green arrow, so be vigilant.

Live Chat and Send Us a Message:-

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

On Live Chat, when you can get onto it, keep your answers short, sweet and prompt, or it will time out on you.

If the person you are talking to doesn’t seem able to understand your issue, ask to be escalated to the next level of help.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
ukbobboy
Legend

@RoyB  @Anonymous User 

You know Roy

There was another big clue why something is not free when you think it is or should be, i.e. when you're asked for your credit or debit card details.  In other words. why would any company asked for your financial information and authority if they were doling out free services?

Kinda obvious when you think about it.

UK Bob

RoyB
Legend

@ukbobboy 

I think I said that, but slightly more gently Smiley Tongue

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I totally agree with you they lbut how in the hell are they getaway with this it is ridiculous - Please type your reply above this line -##

Get Outlook for Android
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

They can ‘get away with it’, legally and technically, because you accepted the T&Cs when you signed up for the free trial, and it’s all laid out in there that unless you Cancel the free trial, it morphs into the month by month paid Passes.

But I would be cross if a thing like this were clause 38f, 5 pages into a ten page document in tiny print that pretty much nobody ever reads. However, it isn’t, it is clearly stated on about every description of the free trial, in the same size font as the trial details.

But if you have found a description of the free trial not including this, please give us the link to it.

You will notice, below all the postings, an item called Related Topics. If an issue is affecting multiple people, there will be quite a few related topics. But notice there are no links to any postings with the same problem you have. So it looks like it’s been clear to most people what the arrangement is here, which suggests that NowTV have been sufficiently up front about it, and maybe you just somehow missed it?

But as I said above, NowTV have no desire to profit from customer misunderstandings, no matter how egregious, so do talk to Live Chat about a refund.

AAMOI, what made you decide not to continue with either pass?