cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CS25

Watching Spy Sports through my BT account on my phone

I have recently got sky sports through by BT account, which is fine, but when I want to watch it on my Iphone, apparently I have to sign in to my Now Tv app.

When I sign in, it shows who I am but isn't saying I have a subscription.

BT have said it's all set up at their end and it's a Now TV issue, but there's no one to talk to at Now TV and I have no idea how to fix it.

Any support most welcome.

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @CS25 

There has been a few reports that BT customers trying to sign in on either an iPad or iPhone are getting an unexpected error message when attempting to use the NOW App.

Don't know if this is what you are seeing, but NOW are working on a fix for their iOS NOW App.

Because I don't own any iOS devices I don't know if NOW have rolled out an updated App in the last day or so.

If you are not seeing this particular message and it's asking you to buy a NOW Sports Membership, then sometimes a full power down on the phone or tablet can fix it.

Also I am assuming the NOW Sports Membership on the NOW App works on other devices? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @CS25 

Also forgot to say if using a VPN on the phone or if the phone has been setup outside the UK can also flag up a message like buy Sports Membership when attempting to watch one of the Sky Sports channels.

If you have Mobile internet data, then has a quick temporary test on your phone, see if the NOW App Sports Membership plays instead of going through your home wifi network.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps @CS25 

Last iPhone update for the app was 3 days ago. 

That said, your billing for NOW is through BT and as much as they won't admit it they are your go to for all NOW issues on any device. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 wrote:

@schnapps @CS25 

Last iPhone update for the app was 3 days ago. 

That said, your billing for NOW is through BT and as much as they won't admit it they are your go to for all NOW issues on any device. 

@schnapps 

I thought as you do, but BT are taking the view that while they deal with billing and account issues, and support Now on their internet channels from Now and, rather grudgingly and stretching a point, the Now app on the YouView boxes they supply, they don’t support Now on non-BT devices that their customers might like to watch their BT Now account on, and this is Now’s support responsibility.

So is the above an account issue (which BT should support) or a non-BT device issue (which they don’t think they should support)?

This quandary indicates why BT’s cherry-picking approach is rather unsatisfactory.

I’ve looked all over the Now site for a ruling that BT should support their Now subscribers on any device they try to watch Now on, where Now support direct members on that device, but I have only found stuff that seems to bear out BT’s interpretation here.

Can you point me to anything on the Now website - or indeed elsewhere - that bears out your claim? So I can wave it under their noses?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RoyB 

It was me who was pushing for the BT side, but looking on the NOW section for 'Joined through BT', looks like it just references BT YouView box. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/bt-support

Still I was certain they would and used to cover all devices? 🤔

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 @schnapps 

Oops sorry, wrong attribution 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.