cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Heather3
Scholar

US Open

I am already really disappointed with the US Open coverage. Only 2 matches available. Typical Sky rip off. £26 for the month and can’t watch the matches I want. Could  watch every match with Prime at a fraction of the price and also replays. Are Sky/Now even going to have replays of the overnight matches ? Total rip off if there are no replays or are we supposed to sit up half the night. Does anyone know if there will at least be replays

91 REPLIES 91
Celticpip
Scholar

But if it constitutes breach of contract, you are entitled to a full refund. And this is a clear breach of contract- not if reasonable quality and not fit for purpose eithe. Just put that in writing to Now tv and say that you will seek legal redress if they do not either sort this out quickly or give you a full refund.

Celticpip
Scholar

Tell them (preferably in writing)you'll take legal action if they don't give you a full refund within 5 working days. This is clear breach of contract (neither of reasonable quality nor fit for purpose) and indeed it fits misrepresentation too, as it's not as advertised.

In English law (and elsewhere in the UK) breach of contact means they are legally obliged to give you a full refund- do a small claim if they refuse even after you have threatened legal action, in writing.

GP
Mentor

Same problem/frustration here. Just not good enough for the money and what we have grown to expect as sports customers in 2023. I sent a complaint and had this response: 

Thanks for getting in touch with NOW and letting us know that you are unable to watch US open tennis. We are aware that some members faced an issue accessing the bonus streams.

We would like to inform you that are working hard to fix this as soon as possible. We’re not sure exactly how long it will take, but we’ll send you an email to let you know when everything’s sorted. 

Meanwhile we appreciate your patience, and we’re sorry for any inconvenience.  

Heather3
Scholar

Bog standard letter as I had the same. I replied telling them I am sure that I will still be waiting when the US Open is over and that they are one big rip off and con merchants. Not that they will care now they have  our money but it made me feel better

Celticpip
Scholar

Thank you- useful to hear that. But what about replays? Are they doing anything about those? 
Because we absolutely need replay videos of the matches, all the matches, Esoecially here in UK where we it is impossible for vast majority to watch live in the middle of the night! 
Sorry re italics- don't know how that happened..

Derry
Advocate

couldn’t agree more!

when I heard that sky was taking over the tennis coverage from next year, I thought I would take a month pass and see how they performed. What a shame Prime will no longer cover tennis. Sky’s coverage is a joke! Needless to say, I will not be subscribing next year.

Carol4
Advocate

I absolutely agree.  Having watched the ATP and WTA tours on Prime and Wimbledon on iPlayer, my experience on Sky/Now has been very disappointing.  No choice of which match to watch, no replays so that in the UK it is impossible to watch the main matches on Arthur Ashe court without sitting up half the night.  Having had no experience of Sky I had expected better, especially at £26 for a single section of Sky Sports.  Never again.

Heather3
Scholar

I did have Sky for a few years and cancelled because most of the programmes and films were on a loop. Almost impossible to get hold of them at any time. With Sky it is always about the money not the service and I can’t believe I got conned into thinking that they might have changed/

Carol4
Advocate

This is a second post on the same subject.  I have cancelled my subscription to Now and want to know how I can demand a refund for the most appalling service.  Tonight I tried to watch and had only one match available - Cam Norrie.  That was on Grandstand court but Carlos Alcaraz was playing Dan Evans on Arthur Ashe and rather than go over to that match they continues rabbiting on after the end of the Norrie match.  Not even a choice of two matches.  There have been several really good matches I would have liked to watch today but no service before 7.00 p.m. UK time and even the Norrie match they showed was three sets down before it was available.  What on earth is going on?  My money back please.  This has been a total rip off.  I have better things to spend £26 on.

Heather3
Scholar

NOW help are not even replying to complaints any more. Have asked three times what the hell is going on and , as you say, this evening has been the last straw. They have just taken our money and shut up shop.