cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Heather3
Scholar

US Open

I am already really disappointed with the US Open coverage. Only 2 matches available. Typical Sky rip off. £26 for the month and can’t watch the matches I want. Could  watch every match with Prime at a fraction of the price and also replays. Are Sky/Now even going to have replays of the overnight matches ? Total rip off if there are no replays or are we supposed to sit up half the night. Does anyone know if there will at least be replays

91 REPLIES 91
USOPEN1
Advocate

Yes same here amazon was charing me 10 pounds and here I paid 26 and I can just watch 2 matches. I want my money back

staylor
Mentor

I believe I’m right in saying only 2 matches available on catch up.  No good at all.  Pretty unbelievable actually, after the availability on Prime this is abysmal.  And yes, I believe lSky have the option to show all tennis from next year.  My only hope is they decide not to, after their poor showing here.

Santas
Advocate

Totally agree it's terrible prime is fantastic. When atp negotiate do they think of viewers...no!

Santas
Advocate

I am currently with bt and thinking of going over to sky. I'll check put the actual sky package us open at my sisters before I make a decision  I queried catch with nowtv help. They said catch up would be available 24 to 48 hours after match  I said that's no good the players will be on to next match

Lealass
Regular Poster

Me too. Only one stream on my tv or 2 on my iPad. Very very annoyed and have registered a complaint. I haven’t spent that money to watch Tim Henman, Martina and co rabbiting on, but to watch full matches of my choice.

DavidPurton
Advocate

Thought it was me. I only watch tennis...which was great on Prime...all matches and £10 a month. Staggered I could only get two matches on Now, when there are 14 courts?

Simples...I shall watch until the finals then cancel the direct debit...£26 for a garbage service.

StephenA

Completely agree, it is absolute rubbish. They pick their own matches, they miss the start of matches, they keep chatting when other matches are on. What a shambles. And I believe Sky are covering all ATP and WATP matches for 2024, shockingly bad.

Katkat
Mentor

It's a mess. Also, am watching Murray vs Moutet but can't pause any live matches so rushing to put kettle on! Does anyone else have this problem?

When Amazon started showing tennis it was also a mess and there were so many complaints that they pulled their socks up and sorted out the issues. The more of us who complain, the more likely Nowtv might get their act together.

Celticpip
Scholar

Agreed. I remember Amazon Prime being problematic (though not anything like as bad as this Now Sky Sports offering) and then vastly improving after lots of customer complaints.

I sent a complaint a few hours ago but have heard nothing back. We are entitled to a refund if the viewing experience is not of reasonable quality or is not fit for purpose. This experience is neither of those things therefore it is a breach of contract- a clear breach of consumer law. 
I tried to watch one of only 2 replay matches from Day 1 just now- but it started half way through the first set. Just useless..

Plus there are lots of technical issues- buffering, sudden loss of stream altogether, strange sound etc etc I feel ill with stress and anger, after trying and retrying to use this service- I think I'm going to have to forget the US Open and get my £26 refund. And I'm a huge tennis fan so it makes me very sad.

HJ
Advocate

I thought I could only watch the 2 channels as well, and sent an email of complaint. I then had another look on Now TV and found the other streams! 

I went into the SPORT category, then scrolled down to the TENNIS thumbnail, then scrolled down to BONUS STREAMS. I'm now watching the match of my choice! Hope that helps and hope you get to watch the matches you were wanting to see.

Don't know about replays though, sorry.

Should say that I'm watching on my Xbox. Not sure about other devices.