cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Subtitles with BT box

Hi - how do I get subtitles on Now TV, I’m using the Now TV app on BT box? I can’t find any settings 🤔 Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

as far as I'm aware subtitles aren't yet supported on YouView boxes. I believe youview boxes are the only devices that are missing subtitle support, 😞 with regard to now TV. So if you have any other devices that support now TV, you should be able to watch with subtitles

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-now-tv-with-subtitles

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a NowTV subscription that comes with BT and a Youview box which I understand is no use for subs. If I buy a NowTV stick will I be able to use the login details I already have and then get the subtitles? Thank you

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have been told it works by another user but I've not tried it myself yet.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If you have an Amazon fire stick this is the better option for viewing Now TV. 

The Now TV stick is a poor device compared to Amazons fire stick.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 Thank you for your reply. I also just got confirmation from my daughter that the Amazon firestick does work with subtitles. It seems that's the way I will go. Just a shame that youview doesn't support them while any other device does...

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I’m pretty sure the answer is yes. (I’m very sure!)
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Surely the “solved” answer is not a solution.

both BT and Now TV are large enough organisations to be able to fully comply with the Disability Discrimination Act and should be capable of overcoming any technical hurdles to provide sub-titles when viewing Now TV with a BT Youview box?

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0016/131119/NADP.pdf

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Yeah, Colin

I agree with you, but other than complain to the regulators what else can you do?

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I so agree with you

##- Please type your reply above this line -#
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

The "solved" on the thread, doesn't mean the problem has been sorted. It can mean the original poster is happy with the answer provided by another user. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, I was being somewhat sarcastic.

the main point is that NowTV and BT are both big enough to fulfill  their Disability obligations, irrespective of a forum user accepting a less than satisfactory answer.