cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Albacoder
Advocate

Sopranos S4 - 17 days left

As the subject suggests, I'm part way through watching The Sopranos and tonight noticed "17 days left" beneath the episode thumbnails. I'm on season 4, so started scrolling to see if the whole show is being removed. It appears to be only season 4.

I can't really make any sense of that. Actually, I signed up to Now TV for The Sopranos. Can anyone shed any light on whether or not this is a mistake? If not, then why is just season 4 being removed? Is the season owned by someone else or is there something in it that causes some sort of legal or licensing issue?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. As it happens, I'll be finished season 4 within 17 days - but can I expect season 5, or 6 to disappear?

6 REPLIES 6
RoyB
Legend

@Albacoder 

It seems not:-

https://www.artesea.co.uk/nowtv/boxsets.php

and put Sopranos in the search box.

But Season 4 certainly seems to have anomalous timings.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Albacoder
Advocate

Thanks for the link @RoyB, and for taking the time to reply - much appreciated.

I guess I better finish season 4 before it disappears then. Quite frustrating, nonetheless.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Albacoder 

One needn't worry, it won't fully disappear until probably around 2025 thanks to the HBO and Sky deal. So it will return before then.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Albacoder 

It’s quite likely, the odd way these things happen, that this season will be back available the next day, or soon after.

But I wouldn’t bet on it 🥲

My BluRay box set of The Sopranos does at least not vanish arbitrarily from where I left it, though unlike watching it on Now, the box set doesn’t remember where I got to.

My 4:3 DVD set of The Wire, though, loses hands down to Now’s HD 16:9 presentation 😛 

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Albacoder 

Same question was asked over on NOW Twitter (X) where the NOW Twitter Help Team confirmed that it is not leaving the NOW service (see screenshot below about the tweet where I am assuming it relates to Season 4).

youdoodle-2023-10-31T16-33-37Z.jpg

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Season 4 will automatically get added again on Thursday (see screen shot taken from the NOW App on my Android phone).

Screenshot_2023-11-04-08-01-53-287_com.bskyb.nowtv.beta.jpg