cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LJF
Mentor

Charged for BOOST can't speak to a person?!

I've been charged for Boost without realising that I even signed up for it. Charge came through 2 days ago, just seen it today. 

Does NOWTV not have any people on their customer service?! I want a refund but just getting a useless bot because the money left my account more than 24hrs ago...

This is not ok- there was no option I saw to remove Boost from my monthly sub and then zero email reminder saying that I was going to be charged after what I assume was a free trial. 

How do I contact someone for a refund of this £6?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
redchiz1
Champion 2

Click on the green Chat online button near the top of page here and you should get straight through to an agent. You probably got the Boost as part of an offer without checking the details.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
redchiz1
Champion 2

Click on the green Chat online button near the top of page here and you should get straight through to an agent. You probably got the Boost as part of an offer without checking the details.

LJF
Mentor

Thank you 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@LJF 

All offers do say it is a 7/30 day free trial then £x unless cancelled. There would not be any emails saying that you will be coming to the end of the free trial as the system assumes you will want to keep the membership.

The way it works is assuming you are on the ball and keeping an eye on your account. Thus cancelling anything you don’t want. 

To speak with someone you want live chat outlined by @redchiz1 

Before you start shouting saying you want a refund etc, have a read of what boost offers you.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
LJF
Mentor

Are you ok? 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@LJF 

Not sure what that post is meant to infer 🤔

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@LJF 

I’m guessing you have taken an offer for Entertainment or Cinema, and Now snuck in a ‘helpful’ trial of Boost on the offer you signed up to, via a preticked box. So you may not have noticed it.

Such a free trial, if not cancelled during the trial, turns into a paid subscription automatically at the end of the trial, without further notification.

To me, this preticked boxes practice is unethical, and I suspect it may even be borderline illegal, and certainly Now will refund you for the Boost payment if you challenge this practice.

As you have found though, another Now trap for the unwary is to divert you to the easy-to-find, but borderline useless, Nowbot, when you are trying to speak to a human who can fix things for you, something that is not so easy to find.

But @redchiz1 has given you the signpost to Live Chat, so have at it!

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
LJF
Mentor

Thanks RoyB. I’ve managed to get it sorted thanks to redchiz1. It did prove to be a bit of a hassle - they initially said they’d only give me a voucher rather than a refund but got there in the end. I agree, it just seems like everything is a bit sneaky with nowtv. Most companies nowadays are pretty upfront about costs - I feel like I’ve been dealing with RyanAir 😂

RoyB
Legend

@LJF 

Now does seem to come laden with a load of extra baggage 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

@RoyB 

Unlike Ryanair, NOW are good at sorting it out.  🙂