cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abermaw
Expert

Re: Pre-episode advert/trailer

Just a thought @maxwells_daemon

If you do give us some thoughts on the old  Tivo, it might be better to put them in the "Forum info and off topic chat" area....You might be able to teach us all a thing or two.

Peter Kay thought that the future was Garlic Bread.....My Missus always thought that it was a Tivo...Who knew that it was going to be a Chocco Latte Frotho Whatsito ? 

0 Thanks
Shaunl23
Scholar 2

Just throwing my hat in the ring. I keep getting annoyed by the ads when trying to watch a show before bed but then forget about the issue the next day so I guess it isn't that big a deal to me.

The thing I always think, though, is:
I either already know about the show(s) and either watch them already or am not interested.
Or
I don't know about the show but decide in seconds I am not interested.

Therefore they aren't any benefit to me.

On YouTube, which is free, you can mostly skip ads after 5secs.
Maybe taking a similar approach would be an idea. If it is a show we haven't seen before and it gets our interest we could carry on watching the ad. If we already watch the show or aren't interested we could skip...
0 Thanks
MIKEHOFF
Advocate

hi, has anyone found a way to disable these unacceptable ads?

was watching Modern Family and got an ad for Bones which scared my kids and ruined our evening

planning to cancel NowTV if these trailers can't be disabled

Mr_H
Advocate

Hi,

I am also very unhappy with the pre-episode advert/trailers and I  CANNOT skip them at all.

Any advice please?

H

GaryL
Expert 2

Doesn't bother me can't say I even noticed before I saw this thread.

Si-99
Scholar

The poster was looking for advice on skipping the intrusive trailers.

If you can't help with that, and are not bothered by them, I'm not sure that this is a useful forum for you.

GaryL
Expert 2

@Si-99 wrote:

The poster was looking for advice on skipping the intrusive trailers.

If you can't help with that, and are not bothered by them, I'm not sure that this is a useful forum for you.

Please stop trolling people on this thread who have an opinion different to yours, As stated I personally don't mind the ads and hadn't even noticed it prior to reading this thread.  I merely wished to add my opinion in balance to the many posts from people who don't like them.  I would further point out this forum is not yours and therefore you should keep your thoughts about my membership of it to yourself.  Having only posted 14 times since 2014 some might say this isn't a very useful forum to you.

I 100% guarantee this is just a precursor for full on proper advertising, and it is just a 'sly' way of Sky testing the water before we are bombarded with appalling adverts the majority of anybody with a soul hates, and unless people oppose this nonsense now then you only have yourselves to blame and start paying to watch adverts !

A year ago this service was superb but is slowly getting worse with every UI update introducing little things the majority of people don't want.

The introduction of the 'Kids Pass' was the last straw for me and i just want my 6 month ents pass to expire so i can cancel.

Abermaw
Expert

Hi @GaryL

I am so sorry but I seem to have thanked that Si troll chappie by mistake....I meant to thank you Smiley Embarassed

You are right, 14 posts, all on this thread, nothing constructive...and he was supposed to have cancelled his account....I think we might rest our case there, don't you? Smiley Wink

I'm totally with you on this one, Gary....my previous...err.."Contributions" to this thread might show that. Smiley Very Happy

All the best Smiley Happy

P.S. If you want to be annoyed by adverts, go on to "All4" and try to watch "Case"....46 (advertised) minutes soon becomes an hour with anything between 3 to 9 adverts every 15 minutes...You can't skip them either!!....I still say that a 30 second promotion at the beginning of an episode beats that!

Thanks again, Gary.

0 Thanks
GaryL
Expert 2

@Abermaw  Agreed and if a promo means keeping the cost down it's fine by me.  I get that some people can find them annoying but I just don't, maybe that says more about me!

0 Thanks