cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-episode advert/trailer

Just noticed this today (never seen it before in 8 months of viewing) - after selecting an episode of something in the watchlist, a 15 second pre-episode NOW TV advert/trailer for some other TV show played first then it began playing the selected episode.

I quite liked having no adverts and trailers on NOW TV Entertainment!

Is this the future then for NOW TV Entertainment?

146 REPLIES 146
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just cancelled my subscription.

Unable to skip adverts and it is totally unacceptable on a service I pay for. Vote with your feet, there are plenty of other streaming services out there. I'll be giving my money to one that doesn't pull this nonsense.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just cancelled too, what a stupid business decision by Sky to put revenue ahead of customer XP.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Get yourself one of these https://stopads.co.uk. It stop's catch-up TV ads (and ads in general on the web)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is a huge shame, its really making me question whether to keep the service. I expect it with YouTube or similar. As they say, if you're not paying for the product, you are the product. 

It seems here that you are both paying for the product and are being used as the product! I'm all for VoD analysing my viewing habits so as to make recommendations, keeping me interested, etc. Heck I'm even down with the scary thing Netflix does where it reviews where you pause, where you rewind and where you turn off. But this stuff is just plain annoying! 

Its not skip-able and there is no way to turn it off! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree, they are a real pain. However these workarounds have meant that I have (grudgingly) continued to subscribe to NowTV:

1. Always hit the 'back' button as soon as you see the ad begin and then restart the programme - it may take 2 or 3 restarts (or more) but usually the programme eventually starts without the ad.

2. Always make a point of clicking the next episode 'Watch now' button at the end of any episode you've finished, even if you don't plan to watch it straightaway. That way you can avoid ads for the rest of a whole series/season once you've started.

Ironically these work well when you know what you want to watch, but mean it's too much trouble to dip into new programmes to see if you might like them. Which is the exact opposite of the claimed reason for these incredibly annoying, intrusive and (for me, always) totally irrelevant trailers!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have paid for the boost since it came available,

but just lately i have had to watch these trailer/Ads before every episode.

Isn't that what i'm PAYING to avoid, they are annoying and i really don't want to see them at all.

Give us a skip button please

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If it’s a trailer or promo for NOW content it will generally last 30 seconds. That is here to stay annoyingly.

However I couldn’t agree more, give us a skip button like Prime! 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help