cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-episode advert/trailer

Just noticed this today (never seen it before in 8 months of viewing) - after selecting an episode of something in the watchlist, a 15 second pre-episode NOW TV advert/trailer for some other TV show played first then it began playing the selected episode.

I quite liked having no adverts and trailers on NOW TV Entertainment!

Is this the future then for NOW TV Entertainment?

146 REPLIES 146
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

If NowTV did a Customer Poll asking the question "Do you mind a short advert promoting other shows on the nowtv service at the start of watching either a catch up or boxset episode".

Then i don't think you need to be Mystic Meg to know which option would win by a landslide ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Finished a part watched blacklist and got a trailer after pressing continue watching.

Pressed the back arrow and then got another advert.

It wouldn't let me watch any to episode until I had watched a full advert there was no visible prompt on screen to skip the advert.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So I'm paying a subscription to watch epsiodes of television series. Yet I am bombarded by adverts... why am I paying to watch adverts? Why are any of us?

If they are getting advertising revenue then we shouldnt really be paying a subscription surely?

Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User you could argue same for folk who pay for full Sky,Virgin, BT TV etc. Unfortunately subscription TV does not mean advert free. Of course there are fewer on demand. Adverts are a pain I agree but not huge amount can do.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Jason-C
Community Administrator

Hi @Anonymous User,

The live channels have adverts, as we stream exactly what's broadcast on Sky. Is this what you were watching?

If you watch any on demand content (Catch Up or Box Sets) then there shouldn't be any traditional adverts. Occasionally there are promotional videos highlighting what else is on NOW TV, but no adverts for other products or services.

Thanks,

Jason

superglo2012
Scholar 3

Nothing has changed in 2021 apparently it is getting worse the layout on the channel is awful you are going back and forth to get to an episode and then back to the season it is ridiculous why did they change the layout it was much easier before the change.

Too many ads I just go back till they stop, as you are paying a subscription there should not be any ads If I wanted to know what was coming next I would check geektown tv as it is more accurate

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@superglo2012 

Is the “advert” for NOW content or third party like Tesco? 

Take a look at this link.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-without-ads

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm glad I'm not the only one that objects to these adverts. They are extremely intrusive. I use now TV to watch light TV programs, I stay away from gruesome shows about zombies and violence yet I'm forced to watch adverts for them without being able to skip. I don't want these images burned in my mind when I'm trying to switch off and relax nor do I want my children watching them.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Out of interest... What were you accessing to watch when you saw these adverts?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital

There's no need to waste people's time asking for more details like this - they are prevalent throughout the Now TV output and are a totally unwarranted and unjustified imposition wherever they appear.