cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lockey999
Mentor

Poor quality picture / Clipped sound / Unwatchable

Well, what an unsatisfactory experience that was! 

Bought a day pass to watch some rugby, got appalling picture quality (HD? Nope, 720P nope, 56p maybe), sound was clipped and couldn't be heard, so totally unsatisfactory experience.  

So how do I go about getting a refund?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @lockey999 

The Argentina v South Africa game had shocking sound quality where the problem lied from the local Argentina broadcaster which Sky takes their feed from and all playback devices was affected.

See this linked thread below.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Off-Topic/SA-vs-ARG-audio-issues/td-p/606754 

For me the picture quality was ok during the first half, but got worse the second half with a lot of low resolution blockinness.

There was quite a few complaints on NOW Twitter also.

With regards to a refund you need to contact NOW live chat.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@lockey999 

What device?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
lockey999
Mentor

What I'm guessing is a 1st gen NowTV box, attached to a 43" Panasonic TV.  Just puzzling as has always worked pretty flawlessly in the past.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @lockey999 

The Argentina v South Africa game had shocking sound quality where the problem lied from the local Argentina broadcaster which Sky takes their feed from and all playback devices was affected.

See this linked thread below.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Off-Topic/SA-vs-ARG-audio-issues/td-p/606754 

For me the picture quality was ok during the first half, but got worse the second half with a lot of low resolution blockinness.

There was quite a few complaints on NOW Twitter also.

With regards to a refund you need to contact NOW live chat.

lockey999
Mentor

Hi @schnapps 

Thanks for the reply - makes sense, just frustrating that we bought a day pass solely for that match!  Ireland-Italy a better match though tbh 😉

Have applied for refund via Now live chat - cheers.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @lockey999 

The Amazon Prime Rugby picture quality and sound was fantastic on Saturday where I watched a couple of games on there.

There also must be a on going problem with the Argentina v South Africa game, because it was scheduled has a full repeat on Sky Action at 10pm last night, but Sky showed the New Zealand v Australia game instead where the picture and sound was perfectly fine for the NZ v Aus match.

Also I would have expected the Argentina v South Africa match to be added onto the NOW on Demand service by now, where it's still currently missing where my guess it's because of the terrible sound problems during the live stream.

A lot of people over on NOW Twitter was asking for a refund, hopefully NOW live chat will sort you out.