cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lisabee

New to Now, can’t access White Lotus

Hello everyone. 

I’ve just subscribed to Now and have tried to watch White Lotus. I first get directed to install a Now player, I press this but nothing happens, then I go to “install manually” and just get a message saying this programme is not available, despite it looking so on the homepage. Any clues please?! 

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lisabee 

What supported device(s) do you have that you can watch NOW on?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Lisabee
Thank you, a DELL laptop…
RoyB
Legend

@Lisabee 

What browser are you using?

When you select to install the Now Player, it actually just puts the install .exe in your Downloads folder, and you have to run that.

Though hopefully, whatever browser you are using, the Downloads alert will appear top right, a little downward arrow into a ] symbol on its back, and you can click that to see the actual downloaded file, as here:-

image.jpg

So you don’t need to go and find it. But you do need to click the .exe shown, which will then install the actual player, after which you should be good to go.

If you then start the resulting Player, this will offer to take you to the website, which is the only place you can choose content, and then when you choose some content, it will offer to download the Player (again!) but instead choose ‘I already have this’, and off you go.

The PC/laptop version of Now is probably the most complicated, limited, and troublesome implementation of Now out there however, so if you can, please do take @gavs82008 ‘s advice above, and see if you can watch it more straightforwardly on any other device you may own.

It’s there as native on most modern smart TVs; though if not, a Roku Express or Amazon Firestick can make any TV with a spare HDMI input as smart as you could wish for under £30.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.