cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Xbox updated Now TV won't work

As it says in the title.

No VPN, no firewall, it worked yesterday before the update, all other video playing apps seem to work. I've deleted it, reinstalled it, cleared cache, checked for updates for the app. I just get this error code; 

VSF:SDK.PLAYER_ERROR.PLAYER_LOAD_ERROR

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just chatted online and the issue has resolved by going onto the location settings screen using the following instructions:

Go to Settings, Navigate down to System, Select Language and Locale, Select Location, Confirm that the selected locale is United Kingdom. (If it’s not, then please select United Kingdom.)

I don't even think we even changed anything (our settings were already on UK), nevertheless, the chat advisor says that going onto the location screen was what made Sky sports suddenly work.

Worth trying!

Obvs make sure you try everything else first eg clear cache etc.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here , Xbox updated and now TV isn’t working, same error code as you guys . It’s the same on the newer Xbox’s too .  No spurs vs Liverpool for me 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Ours resolved while on the online 'live chat'. Sounds odd but try going onto the 'locations' settings and confirming that everything says UK (even if it already says UK). That's what we were advised to do and, oddly, it worked.

Enjoy the match.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Step 3 worked for us.

Step 1: Clear your Xbox cache

Just hold down the power button when you turn off your console.

Step 2: Delete and re-install the NOW app

If clearing your cache doesn't work, you can try deleting and re-installing the NOW app.

Start by uninstalling the NOW app

• Highlight the NOW app and press the menu button on your Xbox controller
  • Select Manage App
  • Select Uninstall all, and again on the pop-up.

Next, reinstall it

• Either go to Ready to Install on the left-hand menu and select Install All, then select Install on the pop-up
  • Or just go to the Store on your Xbox dashboard and download the NOW app again.

Step 3: Check your locale (location) settings

Lastly, you'll need to check your locale settings:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Navigate down to System
  3. Select Language and Locale
  4. Select Location
  5. Confirm that the selected locale is United Kingdom. If it’s not, then please select United Kingdom.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

thank you so much kimi, anyone reading this View KimiBwoah replies for help it worked or me 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User  Fab 🙂

COYS

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Based on the last post from @schnapps you’ll need to contact Xbox support directly to get it resolved.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah but none of the contact for Xbox actually works , can’t request a call , no live web chat and Email back says error. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Having a quick read over on Twitter, it's not only the NOW App is the problem, where Xbox owners have complained about Netflix, Disney + etc.

Maybe contact Xbox UK or ROI support on Twitter or Facebook if you can't contact them via the internet.