cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Impact of Disney+

Hi, 

I’m wondering whether when Disney+ is launched whether Now TV will lose all disney and marvel content? 

11 REPLIES 11
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

There are still some parts of the Disney/Sky deal to expire, but when they do yes all things Disney (including Marvel) will only be on Disney+

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
starman73
Elite

I wonder if they will replace all the Disney & Marvel with some good movies or just reduce the number of films.  Now my kids have grown up, I have no need of Disney nor Marvel.

ukbobboy
Legend

@starman73 

You know, it's funny you say you've no use for Marvel.

However, I've been reading and now watching Marvel since my Dad bought me a Fantastic Four black and white comic (British reprint) way, way back in the day, and I still like them just as much today.

Fantastic Four (Blue Shadow Outline).jpg

Well, I guess I never really grew up.

UK Bob

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy @starman73 

I'd also like to add that I have signed up to Disney+ and I have no kids, but I am looking forward to binge watching the old seasons of the Simpsons. 

Also films like Venom, Blade and Deadpool are rated R (US) or 15/18 here, so definitely not child friendly. Although stating the obvious they won't be on Disney+, more likely Hulu when it launches internationally next year. 

ukbobboy
Legend

@gavs82008 

Gavs

You said, "...films like Venom, Blade and Deadpool are rated R..".  Oh yeah, and I'm 100% with you on that plus I would dearly love to see the return of Daredevil, Punisher, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones and a recast Iron Fist

You know, it's rumoured, though unsubstantiated, that Daredevil's alter ego, aka Mat Murdock, will appear in the next Spider-Man feature film.

Good things are on the horizon.

Catch you later.

UK Bob

starman73
Elite

I have watched a number of Disney, Marvel, Star Wars et al films over the last 20 years thanks to my kids.  I am of the few people to get to my 40s without seeing a Star Wars film. Some Disney movies I could recite word for word.  And not once did I choose to see any of them. And mostly used them as an opportunity to have a nap.  Fortunately nowadays, I don’t have to watch any of them.  Kids have grown up and prefer Godfather.  
I am hoping extra films (classics will do) will appear in their place.

ukbobboy
Legend

@starman73  @gavs82008 

Hey Starman

You a grinch?

Grinch15.gif

UK Bob

I need another Malibu and cola but Corona will not allow it.

starman73
Elite

The Grinch (Universal) is not going to be on Disney+, so I am happy about that.  In fact for those who like Marvel, Star Wars and Disney, Disney + is great.

The original subject is the impact of Disney+.  I am just saying for me, it will be good if they replace those movies with films I am more likely to watch.  

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@starman73 

From my understanding and someone correct me if I am wrong, Comcast owns Universal, therefore in theory could easily start pumping a lot of Universal movies onto Sky/Now TV for the long haul? 

Found a list of films by Universal on good old wiki. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Universal_Pictures_films