cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky cinema pass offer is it a phishing mail

Hey guys i received a now tv email offer on the 12th of march stating that i was offerered a 2 month sky cinema pass at £1 per month for 2 months. With a grab this offer link.

£1 instead of £11.99 seems to good to be true.

states offer ends 21st march 2020 at 23.59.

Is this a real offer or is it a phishing e-mail,

although a now tv account holder i currently do not have any active passes.

clicking the link takes me through an acceptance page and asks for my payment 4 digit pin.

i got suspicious when it wanted me to re enter my card details again as it claimed my payment card was expired.

Visiting my account via the app shows my card has expired.

Is this £1 offer a valid now tv promotional offer.

regards smiffffy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If your actual bank card has expired in connection with the email account that the offer was sent to and you are intrested in the offer, then perhaps update your card by going to the NowTV website directly and not via the email link.

Or maybe a more safer option would be to contact live chat for confirmation that the email offer is legit and see if they can apply the offer to your account their end (though they may ask you to update your card on their data base before they can action your request).

To reach live chat, open the link below and click on the small blue arrow directly underneath How to Get in Touch to reveal the green chat button to click on to start a live chat conversation.

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/vouchers-offers/offers-promotions 

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The payment pin requested won't be your actual bank card payment pin, but your NowTV account payment pin.

NowTV seem to be asking for your NowTV payment pin automatically when you take up a NowTV offer or apply a new voucher code (well it has for me during the last few months).

If you can't remember the payment pin that you used on the account that the email offer was sent too, then have a read of this linked help article below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/change-payment-pin-parental-pin-settings 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If your actual bank card has expired in connection with the email account that the offer was sent to and you are intrested in the offer, then perhaps update your card by going to the NowTV website directly and not via the email link.

Or maybe a more safer option would be to contact live chat for confirmation that the email offer is legit and see if they can apply the offer to your account their end (though they may ask you to update your card on their data base before they can action your request).

To reach live chat, open the link below and click on the small blue arrow directly underneath How to Get in Touch to reveal the green chat button to click on to start a live chat conversation.

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/vouchers-offers/offers-promotions 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks for the reply but that wasn't the question i asked.

because i thought £1 a month for 2 months (£2) was too good to be true i wondered if the offer was a real current promotional offer.

i have since contacted the chat lines and they confirmed it is a real offer and i have now taken up the promotion and am happily watching.

starman73
Elite

Definitely real. Starting it tomorrow.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Could do with this Cinema offer myself 😀.

Where my current offer is about to finish very soon .

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps @starman73 

Well Guys

I could do with a cinema offer myself, ain't got none, not likely to get one either.

It just ain't fair.

sad-emoticon-face-MNNJEE.jpg

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ukbobboy 

I always seem to get a NowTV Kids Pass offer (there is one in my Passes & Vouchers section at the moment) where i have no interest in a Kids Pass because i haven't got no kids of that age which the Kids Pass was designed for 😡.

Thankfully NowTV have never sent me a Hayu Pass offer, where i would rather watch paint dry and watch any of that reality rubbish 😁.

Reality Shows killed off the original MTV channel where back in the eighties i really enjoyed the MTV music channel, where luckily nowadays there is plenty of ways to watch music videos or listen to music.

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps 

Yeah Schnapps

You got it, and I actually got a free Hayu pass once, watching paint dry was more exciting, so never again.

At the mo, I'm listening to music and slowly getting drunk (as well as trying to type).

Cheers Schnapps

UK Bob

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

To get a free offer, you have to not have an active pass. Like me.  Gonna start a trial tomorrow and the apply the offer so I get 2 months + 7 days for my £2 🙂

Offer expires on 21st March 2020 23:59