cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shazzam
Scholar

Thou shall not pass (or stream on more than one device)

Its been awhile.. so we used to have NOW Kids pass (separated out to charge those parents extra!) and sometimes NOW Ent for parents.

We could stream the Now Kids pass on the TV, and Now Ent on the tablet for us parents, at the same time - happy days.. esp in these times of crisis..

Then NOW decide to combine Kids pass back into the Ent pass and also bring out Boost. So now if i want to stream Ent/Kids on two devices i'll need Boost, hand over another £5 a month! (a double whammy, no i think not!)

OK.. so i'll take out NOW cinema instead, as its on offer.. so you would think i'd be able to stream NOW Cinema at the same time as NOW Ent, on another device, so thats one device per pass .. but no - THOU SHALL NOT PASS!

What is going on?? Ive bought two diff passes, separately, so i should be able to watch each pass on a device at the same time?? what happens when you add sports pass to the mix too?? It just seems so completely off the mark.. and quite honestly like mis-selling on a grand scale..

So basically, if i want two diff passes - i should buy them on two separate accounts, so i can stream them at the same time..??

Or maybe not bother with that hassle and just get Neflix (2dev) or Disney+ (4dev), where everything is just simply combined (Kids/Ent/Films) all together for a set price on at least two devices. Hooray!

Rant Over..

... and dont even get me started on the lack of user profiles!

5 REPLIES 5
RoyB
Legend

@shazzam 

So Now melded Kids into Entertainment at no extra cost, resolving one of your beefs, but you didn’t give them credit for that. Now giveth…

Then they cut the number of simultaneous streams down to one, unless you had Boost. Now taketh away….

Or, as you observed, took out a second account for the second pass, which doesn’t solve the now melded Kids/Entertainment thing; and Now don’t make account swapping on a given device very easy.

So yes, you have the choice of Netflix, Disney+, Uncle Tom Cobley and all…. 

But have they got the content you want?
Or are you just undiscriminating here, as long as it flickers and makes noises?

But psst.. pretend to cancel your Cinema and Entertainment passes, and Now will automatically offer you a nice retention discount to stay.. with which you can buy a Boost pass, on which you can also get a retention offer, even straight away during the free trial.

Now compare what you are paying for all that with what other streaming providers can offer, and remember to compare their HD prices, not their SD prices, with the HD that Boost brings.

And don’t forget to compare the content….

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Get two separate accounts for Cinema and Entertainment if you want two streams.  I use up to three accounts for Cinema, Entertainment and Sports, so get at least 3 streams.  I do always have boost with Sports. Also sometimes there are offers on Boost.  Right now I pay £15 Sports + £1 cinema + £1 entertainment + £2 boost.  Netflix/Disney/Prime would be more expensive for me.

RoyB
Legend

@SweetBlitz 

Yes, but Now don’t give you next-day delivery on shampoo and conditioner, and it’s bath night 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
SweetBlitz
Expert 3

@RoyB agree. prime is more than just the movies and TV shows.  I have Prime constantly but it does cost more than Now if Sports are excluded.  Prime does have limited Sports.

Netflix, Disney, Britbox etc. are services I get for a month every now and again.

shazzam
Scholar

Thanks for the responses, atleast im not alone in thinking of a work around or wondering whether NOW is actually worth the subscription fee.. 

Although i do wonder why NOW dont take customer comments / suggestions more seriously.. but i guess thats what happens when your the poor cousin to actual Sky i guess..? I have no idea about the football/sports as ive never needed it.

So yeah i'll prob keep the Ent pass as long as i need it and get Disney or Netflix as an alternate option, where i can get more streams on the account and actual profiles for the kids too!

And i will defo be getting separate profiles for each pass in the future, i guess thats one way NOW TV will look more popular than it actually is.

win.win