cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

nowtv app stopped loading on apple tv

hi any suggestions? nowtv app was working fine on monday 13th however since then the app does not load. we click on it and the spinning wheel appears, then blank black screen and finally it returns to the appletv home screen. app works on iphone and ipad so i know its not the network. all other apps such as bbc iplayer work on the appletv too. 

18 REPLIES 18
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have you tried rebooting the ATV by powering down at the mains outlet and then restarting the box ?

Might be worth a shot if you haven't tried it yet.

Also do you have the ATV3 or ATV4, i might be wrong but with the ATV4 you can delete then reinstall the NowTV app back again on your box, unfortunately i believe you cannot do this with the ATV3 box due the NowTV app is imbedded into the box software.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

yes we had tried that. couple of times in the last few days appletv has stuck on the screen saver and the remote did not work so have to switch off and on to resolve that as well. i'm thinking that delete the app and reinstall might be next idea

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Sounds like you have an issue with your ATV or the remote controller which needs further investigation ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem now 😞 What can I do ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Just checked the NowTV app on my ATV3 and everything is working fine for me.

Are you using your ATV over WIFI or hard wired Ethernet ?

Maybe try rebooting both the ATV and Router to see if that rectifies your problem.

Might be worth a shot.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I'm using Apple TV 4 and wired Internet. My internet. I tried rebooting and still facing this problem
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is a feature of NowTV on Apple TV - it isn't a hardware problem or even a network problem. It happens to me about once every two months. As a proverbial fiddler, I try and do all sorts of things to fix it, but usually nothing works and normal service resumes a few hours later.

It's a pain in the ###### but don't go replacing hardware or getting engineers out!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky News app does exactly the same thing - spinning wheel, black screen and then exits. So let's not pretend it's anyone else's problem other than Sky...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

This must be a problem with ATV 4, my ATV 3 is working fine.