cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apple TV - Error loading content

Its three days now and three attempts chatting to customer services since commencing my subscription on Apple TV and MAC computer and I still await a solution to my problem. I can log in to my account, I can see the service content but when I try to play I get the same error message every time - An error occurred loading this content. Try again later. Not impressed so far. Please, can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
Hi @Anonymous User

Welcome to the community

There is a known issue with some recent content on the Apple TV. The NOW TV Team are working on a fix, and you can find updates here
http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/Entertainment-shows-temporarily-unavailable-on-Apple-TV/m-p/258455

View solution in original post

138 REPLIES 138
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Could nowtv team give us an update status where they are in resolving these issues, and give us a timescale on resolution so all have an idea regarding these problems, i do believe after approx 2 weeks an explanation would be appreciated and some sort of compensation wouldn't go a miss, because a this rate many customer will unsubscribe and that wouldn't benefit anyone, especially after all of the good work sky have put in getting this service up & running since it was aired

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Andy @Anonymous User @Anonymous User and @Anonymous User 

Sorry we haven't given you an update on this.

@Anonymous User posted an update on his Community Topic and you can see all the info here.

I'd suggest subscribing to this topic as it will be the most regular update you receive on this issue.

@Anonymous User do you receive the error message on all Live TV or is it just specific shows? Could you also let us know if there's an error code next to the message?

Thanks,

Sabrina

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, Sabrina-M

Why not just say you still have not fixed the problem.

We don't want updates we want what we are paying for and that means a full service with all content working and all episodes in every season showing in the listings.

After nearly 3 weeks saying sorry is just not good enough.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Sabrina,
Unfortunately I feel that unless the Live TV and box set problems are
sorted out within 7 days I will cancel my subscription and request a
refund. I am naturally disappointed that NOW/SKY have launched this product
that is obviously not yet ready for the market.
It is wasting so much customer time and does little to enhance your
company's reputation.
I hope you resolve all the difficulties very soon and if so will expect an
equivalent extension to my subscription free of charge.
Regards,
Vincent

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi Sabrina,

i know the team are working on these errors, but i've just accessed "forever" which is a new series newly added & has the same issue, at least makes sure any new programs added work correctly before they're made active, because at this rate, these issues will never be resolved. I do feel this slightly amateurish way of resolving issues, knowingly i've also worked the technical service industries.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi could u ensure series "forever" is added to the error loading list, & thank u for now making half of the series erroring now watchable by your team.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Obtained 30 day trial here today - instantly disappointed.

I have attempted to watch several different movies (e.g. Anchorman 2, Despicable Me 2) on the following:

- Apple TV

- iPhone 6

- iPad

- IE 11

- Firefox

- Google Chrome

None of them work.  The internet browser states an issue with Silverlight (I have tried the reinstallation), the Apple related devices tell me to restart the app every time.  I have also ruled out an issue with my ISP (PlusNet).

There is clearly something wrong application and server-side with NowTV.  I see these issues having been going on from end-September, at least beginning-October.  As we are approaching December this experience does not fill me with confidence.  The support staff response appears to be to reference non-maintained service updates and the standard 'turn it off and on again line'.

I'll give it one week to improve, otherwise it's a cancellation before we start and negative social media coverage, I'm afraid.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I too am getting the same problems and am unable to play Now TV through either my Apple TV, iphone5 or iPad. I am not very technical but it should be easy to operate. I need help otherwise I'll also have to cancel my subscription.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User

Welcome to the community.

Have you signed up for the 30 day free movies trial yet, or purchased a movies, entertainment or sports pass on the website? If so have you tried playing the content on a desktop or laptop via the NOW TV website to make sure everything is working before using your Apple devices?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just paid for movies and got entertainment pass, to go with new ATV (got for Christmas) - it worked once only, since then I just get the error loading content message. Been going on for days, very disappointing!