cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

"We are unable to validate your card details. Please check and try again."

I have now been on Live Chat 3 times, emailed twice and still no result. I have been told I have an IRELAND card, because I have a bank of ireland UK VISA DEBIT. I live in Northern Ireland - PART OF THE UK. My card literally has UK visa debit written on it.

Everytime I talk to someone new they tell me the same thing, which is ridicuous as I live in the UK and have a UK card.

Each time I enter in my card details it comes up with the message "We are unable to validate your card details. Please check and try again."

Can anyone help?

261 REPLIES 261
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been having same problem 😡 Tried everything nowtv told me still no joy was going to buy box but I see that doesn't help either. Now been told it could be cause it's a Northern Ireland bank card and doesn't recognise it as being U.K. 😡😡
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F

Something for NowTV to consider to improve your service for new customers attempting to apply a bank card to your system.

I don't know if this suggestion is difficult to implement or practical for any reason, however would it be possible to either add or provide a link in your help guide article given a full list of credit or debit cards that your system accepts rather than just saying we accept all major credit and debit cards except American Express or Maestro cards ?

Could one of your computer boffins go through all the payment data off your computer system to derive a more detailed card list or is that not straight forward / practical ?

Just a thought that could help new members who are struggling accessing your payment process system.

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @schnapps

Thanks for your feedback. 

When customers go to sign up and choose which card provider they have, at this stage they are only presented with the three card types (Visa, Visa Debit and Mastercard) 

In regards to our help article I could see if we are able to list the ones above? 

Thanks, 

Karl

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F

So just for clarification if the customer is not applying either a card with either the Visa, Visa Debit or MasterCard logo on the card which is UK assigned to the cardholder over the age of 18 (UK members), then the NowTV auto payment process system will reject their card ? 

Republic of Ireland members the same has above, where the cardholder address is in the ROI and they sign up on your NowTV Ireland service ?

Is that correct or anything else to add to the above ?

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @schnapps

That's correct, any card with them logos on can be used for sign up, the same rules apply for ROI. 

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had this problem. called my bank.  They had blocked payments to NOWTV because of fraud

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I use a MasterCard and mine is still waiting on nowtv to authorise 10p. My
bank is allowing nowtv to take any payments. So it's not my card that's the
problem
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I've used 6 different computers. Including a Samsung edge. A apple pc 2
different tablets an lenovo tab 3 and all on Mozilla Firefox. And still
display the same your can't needs authorised.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
There's about 60 people in the UK got the same problem as us. I've been
onto my bank yesterday and it's authorised for now tv to take a payment and
my bank is the most popular bank in the UK and my MasterCard still can't be
authorised. My husband spoke to the manager in argos and there going to
have a discussion meeting on whether she should sell the nowtv boxes so are
going to contact nowtv as consumers are getting ripped off. So now are
under investigation. And waiting on on some emails. So they will be removed
from there catalogues. They sell these boxes knowing that they are invalid
and contain error codes and don't work with credit cards. Even when they
are valid and authorised by there banks. Then nowtv try to blame the
customers making out its a device there using or they havnt done it
properly when we know we have. There not worth the trouble and wonder why
people use kodi boxes. customers try and go by the law and do the right
thing but the trouble they go to to watch channels from sky.
It's nowtv to blame not the customers and customers they are going to lose.
Unless this gets sorted out fast
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I keep adding my card details and getting a page that says, we are just taking £0.10 from your acount to verify and then you will be refunded immedietly... Nothing more happens...???