cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

maximum number of devices error 6003 - only 2 devices registered

Hi, I have just set up my NOWTV box for the first time and it is saying i have reached the maximum number of devices.  The website and ipad app show only 2 registered devices and it should allow 4?

Appreciate some help.

Thanks

557 REPLIES 557
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  what pass are your children trying to watch? If it is a kids pass you may want to consider a separate log in for them and payment pin to stop them buying other passes.  This would allow them to watch their content.  

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

I think it's fair to say that things have changed a bit since the original 'solution' was posted over a year ago. More recently I'm posting the following information: -

Perhaps the following 'Help Centre' article may be of use to you: Why can't I add more devices?

That being said, if you need your device count resetting, I recommend that you contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility and very politely explain your requirements to them, as they are under no obligation to do what you require!

The easiest way of accessing 'Live Chat' is by using a Windows or Mac computer, along with various many makes and models of mobile phones and tablets (provided their screen resolution is high enough). Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • Click on the blue 'Start Live Chat' button on the left of the web page.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers and good luck...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had a similar issue two weekends ago, I had the streaming limit message appear on my PS3, which was odd as only the PS3 was running, I turned it off and tried the little-white-box and it wouldn't even start NOW TV's App. It took me several hours to reboot the boxes and reinstall the Apps, but all three of my devices were completely unresponsive that weekend. I watched a DVD instead!

The only current issue I have is that the little-white-box won't stream to the same quality as the PS3, it rarely goes to full-quality and in most cases I have to reboot my SKY router before using it and that isn't always convenient to do! Is there a way to check the streaming quality whilst watching a programme? on the PS3 you press SELECT, but I can't find any remote commands similar for the box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I don't think there's an option to view the streaming quality, but there is a menu to manually overide the bitrate:

Home x5, RW x3, FF x2

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

I don't think there's an option to view the streaming quality, but there is a menu to manually overide the bitrate:

Home x5, RW x3, FF x2

Hi @Anonymous User and @Anonymous User

By default the bit rate on the box is set to auto . So as long as your Internet connection is quick enough. You should get the best bit rate that now TV can provideA lot of British-based services such as iPlayer and now TV use a bit rate of around 3200kbps for 720p HD (that is a rough figure) 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@commanda6

Just for interest, my Sony Blu ray player indicates bitrate & Amazon Instant Video (one of the few remaining apps) streams on average at around 17Mbps!!  I thought that had to be an error, but if I play files I've encoded, the player reports the correct bitrate.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@commanda6

Just for interest, my Sony Blu ray player indicates bitrate & Amazon Instant Video (one of the few remaining apps) streams on average at around 17Mbps!!  I thought that had to be an error, but if I play files I've encoded, the player reports the correct bitrate.

Hi @Anonymous User

That's interesting but it is likely to be an error Amazon instant video on a Blu-ray player or non-4K TV is not going to exceed 1080p , so the bit rates probably won't exceed 7.5Mbps. Between 25 and 30 Mbps is used for OnDemand 4K video.

All the main services use the H264 video codec for up to 1080p video. H265 might be used for 4K video. But I'm not entirely sure

When ever services quote required connection speeds for HD they generally mean the speed required for 720p HD

http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/tv/hd_general

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/306?tnid=306

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201422810

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@commanda6

Yes, H.265 is used for 4K http://www.tomsguide.com/us/hevc-4k-explained,news-18206.html

Edit - Netflix quote minimum required speed to be 15Mbps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think Netflix users often have the incorrect bitrate displayed on their BD players, I've assumed it was related to the Internet connection and not the video bitrate. Blu-rays often go over 40mbps, but they're limited by sound as well, so they have to balance out the two numbers not to exceed the maximum rate. NOW TV's 3200kbps looks decent enough, but is lower than most DVDs. 3200kbps is three times less than DVDs albeit non constant amximum of 9.8mbps.

I tried setting the NOW TV box to the highest setting and I don't think it reached it, for some reason the box doesn't like a connection present when you turn it on, my SONY BD player went to HD with Amazon after a few seconds, but it doesn't give a display, the HD icon just lights up. That's why I'd like a display on our box at least I know the video is playing at it's highest quality.

Thank you for the remote tip, it's much appreciated, commanda6!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

The thing to remember is that DVDs use different (mpeg-2, quite old) file types which require higher bitrates to achieve the same quality as later codecs (H.264) mostly used by the likes of Netflix and NOW TV.  So 3.5Mbps for NOW TV will give the same quality as say 9.5Mbps for a DVD. 

EDIT - it might be worth checking out what strength signal is reaching the box, use this link http://help.nowtv.com/article/Error-014-NOW-TV-box and click on wi fi secret screen,