cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No Credit Card Available

I have Just been showing my NowTV box to a good friend of mine.

He would like a box also but as he is retired he has no credit or debit card.

He is going to buy a box from tesco with an included movie pass.

Is there a way he activate his box without giving a card number?

As a pensioner of the old school he is not very trusting of company holding his financial details.

Can I buy passes for her and give her the numbers to input?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watch dog won't give a dam... it won't get any air time...

They never cared about Lovefilm, Netflix, Amazon, Crunchyroll, MLB, NHL, NFL, Itunes, Google, PSN, Music unlimited.

All requiring cedit/debit cards for their Free services and trials, when you set up accounts.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Sell the box and pass separately on eBay.
You will make more than you paid for it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just took mine back to curry's and they refunded me on the spot !!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just read the live chat between you & Sky. Thank you so very much for posting it. I really do hope you are able to get your money back. My Mum has had this as an early Christmas present & is right now quite excited about it. I am now faced with the idea of upsetting her. You chat with Sky was informative & very helpful, even if they were not. I wish we had known about this little detail before getting it. You are a good person for posting this. I hope that karma repays you soon. My sincere gratitude.

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User

Welcome to the community.

You could always set up an account on her behalf using your details if you wish. When you set up an account you can turn on a Payment Pin that will prevent your mum from accidentally purchasing any passes. This will allow her to make full use of the free catch-up apps on the box, as well as having the option of subscribing to NOW TV in the future if she checks with you first (as any passes would be billed to your payment card).
Anonymous User
Not applicable

That is what we have done. Good idea, thank you. It was just a surprise that they ask for credit card details. Still very unsure.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Anonymous User The credit/debit card is used to verify that you are 18 or over and live in the UK. Hope that helps 😉
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It does, thank you. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How on earth do these people get away with saying a paid for service (box) is FREE from ongoing charges then refuse to let you use it without collecting your payment card details.massive security risk when they get hacked!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I cant see any reasonable reason why you (now TV) would require  C Card details... I have bought a voucher.. Paid already.. it says no contract, by entering in my card details and agreeing to the T&Cs seems to consitute a contract.. oh an i would like a reply to my many emails

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The latest entertainment.
Whenever and however you want it.
No contract. Dip in and out at any time.

not entirely true

@Anonymous User wrote:

I cant see any reasonable reason why you (now TV) would require  C Card details... I have bought a voucher.. Paid already.. it says no contract, by entering in my card details and agreeing to the T&Cs seems to consitute a contract.. oh an i would like a reply to my many emails