cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Device Limit

I have removed all my devices as we've switched some hardware around and my new Shield TV didn't immediately work when casting.

Now I'm paying £15.99 a month for a service I'm unable to use.

Frankly the device limit policy is ridiculous, draconian, and unacceptable in a service that I pay for.

This is my hardware, in my home, and I should be free to pick and choose what hardware I use the service on at my discretion, subject to a limit on concurrent streams. 

5 REPLIES 5
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the community. If you've watched on four different devices in the past then the device limit rules kick in, where you can now only add one new device a month, even if you delete several.

Have a word with Live Chat, explain what's happened and with a bit of luck they should reset things for you.

To reach live chat go to the following help page
https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

Bear in mind Shield TV boxes aren't a supported device so it will be hit and miss whether you get it to cast successfully. For a list of supported devices see here

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your response.

Currently, none of the support pages on the desktop site or within the app are functional.

Attempting to sign in bounces between log-in pages, and the live chat is offline.

I can't find a phone number to contact customer support, and I can't even amend my services or cancel my account.

This level of customer service from a company as large as sky is unbelievable and completely unacceptable, I don't know how they have retained any customers to be honest, except for the fact that it is literally impossible to unsubscribe due to nonfunctional account pages!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User If you're getting those issues with the website and you can't get to account areas then you'll have trouble getting assistance - the website issue can sometimes be caused by signing into the wrong Sky ID but if you've made sure you're signing into the right account, and you've tried a different browser and checked adblocker plugins aren't causing problems (I'd personally just try accessing the website on your mobile phone browser instead) then I'll tag @Tony-D @Anonymous User from the NOW TV Team and hopefully one of them might respond to you on here - no idea when they will be next on tho. 

Good luck!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I totally agree with the customer, your device limit management us ridiculous and borderline theft.

You can not take customers money and not provide them with a service just because your device removal process fails to remove devices immediately upon customer command.   Yes, of course, customers register devices and many become unused as new devices are replaced.   What makes you think everyone fits into a small compartment and replaces only one device per month,   I have recently bought two new TV and deleted the old devices to only discover I can not use my new TVs for two months.  Yet I paid for an annual service of which I now regret having discovered your manipulative control of customers options and draconian delay.   We are in the 21st century, get real and provide a faster device change option.     I want my funds returned because you are failing to provide a service that I am paying for with your ridiculous limit of one device per month.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the community. Try popping onto live chat, explain what's happened and with a bit of luck they should reset your devices so you can get your new devices working. You can  get to live chat from the Contact Us page

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

(expand the Anything Else section at the bottom for options)