cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bamboozled
Scholar

When does Cancellation take effect please

Last Feb 2022 I signed up for Sports @ 19.99 to cover F1 Season

I watch barely anything else , maybe BIG Premiership games so thinking of going to Pub for those or getting a Day Pass and Cancelling the 19.99

However I am trying to decide the optimum time to do this and hope someone can assist please

Key dates

Last time I paid was 24/12/23

Next time to pay        24/1/ 24

Price rise to 34.99      24/2/24

When I went to cancel yesterday it said "if you Cancel now you will lose lots of your special savings" or something similar so I backed out buy can someone help please

Many thanks Bamboozled (as always lol)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Bamboozled 

If you cancel you won't get sports past 24/1/24. If you want sports at least until 24/2/24 then you need to pay on the next payment date.

Another if you cancel before 24/1/24 and let it fully expire then you will lose out on the discounted rate. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Bamboozled 

If you cancel you won't get sports past 24/1/24. If you want sports at least until 24/2/24 then you need to pay on the next payment date.

Another if you cancel before 24/1/24 and let it fully expire then you will lose out on the discounted rate. 

RoyB
Legend

@Bamboozled @gavs82008 

There is no optimum time.

If you cancel today, or any day up to and including 22/01/2024*, the pass will run to 24/01/2024 anyway.

If you don’t cancel by then, you will be charged another £19, and likewise, cancelling then or shortly after will give you the service up to 22/02/24 with no danger of you paying £34.99.

However, I suggest you at least start a Cancel now, to see what retention offer Now come up with.

If it’s good enough, you can just abandon the Cancel and continue with that retention price from 24/01/24, for however long you like, within the retention period offer.

If it’s not, decide as above for the prices stated.

*Don’t go right to the wire with choosing the day you Cancel. It isn’t necessary, and Now sometimes start the billing cycle the day before renewal, for administrative reasons.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

@Bamboozled 

Correction:

If you don’t cancel by then, you will be charged another £19, and likewise, cancelling then or shortly after will give you the service up to 24/02/24 with no danger of you paying £34.99.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Bamboozled
Scholar

Thanks to all for replies and esp gavs and yourself

I will pay next installment than cancel and let it run then till 24/2

And then I will probably go with my going to Pub plan because even £20 a month is punishing at the moment on top of Entertainment , Prime and Netflix ...

Something has to go , and the F1 wasn't riveting either and may be another damp squib . I actually signed up for that and found myself missing races as it was so predictable

Anyway that's my plan and thanks both for the great advice and answers

Cheers jt

Shelly65
Mentor

I am in a similar position, I have the discounted price until April 2024. I took it out November 2023. I have just paid the subscription two days ago. However I am only using for the world darts championships. That finishes beginning of January 3rd. When I went to cancel, it says about a contract and even if I cancel it ends in April. I don’t want to cancel and this be removed straight away. 
My next payment due 29/01/2024 so is it best to cancel now, but continue watching until the 29/1 thanks

This is what it states when I go to cancel, does this mean I will be charged until April even though I cancel earlier ie today?

Don’t forget, your minimum term ends on 28 Apr 2024

If you cancel today, your cancellation will only take effect when your plan ends.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Shelly65 

Sounds like you took out the 6 month saver. Which does mean you are tied into the membership for a minimum of 6 months. 

You can speak with staff via live chat to see what the script is. Make sure to be signed in and use the ‘How to get in touch’ drop down.
https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/tv/vouchers-and-offers

Shelly65
Mentor

Yes you are correct, I am in which I didn’t realise at the time. I did speak to an agent who said they could cancel when I needed to, so it will be after the darts. Thank you