cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

What customer service?

There is NO WAY to speak to anyone at NOW TV at any point, despite someone a statement on Google proclaiming that you could chat to them on their app. ###### n bull. You get to speak to a bot and end up going around and round in circles.

I need to speak to a real person because of the issue I have. They keep auto taking LOTS of money from my account. My bank, fortunately, have recovered it and will do again. I’m unable to find out what account it’s coming from and have run out of options. I’ve tried NOW’s account finder. No joy.  Now is the time you need to speak to someone real…

Even the ‘Contact Us’ at bottom of this page is auto run. No human advisers and you go around in circles again there…

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Live chat works for me with regards to TV account issues, by clicking on the green chat online button from this link page below.

There will be a human at the end of the live web chat service who can look into your TV account in more detail.

If the green chat online button doesn't open, then try a different internet browser or another internet device with a browser on it (i usually use MS Edge).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint