cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Talk Talk have messed up my switch to Now TV (by only applying some of the boost.) How do I rectify?

Switching over from Talk Talk TV. They seem to have activated the sports part, but asked me to take on trial membership of the other parts (cinema and entertainment). After several hours of gibberish from Talk Talk, was told that the extra boosts would be billed to Talk Talk...but no such luck. Anyone else had this problem and managed to get any sense?

6 REPLIES 6
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I’m having trouble determining the issue here 😢

You had Now through TalkTalk, but it’s not clear what; Sports, (Now) Boost, Entertainment, Cinema; which, if any, were you paying TalkTalk for?

And now you are moving, or have moved, to Now Broadband; so you want TalkTalk to ‘let go’ of your paid-for Now membership(s) so you can take these up directly with Now, ideally on your existing account with Now.

Is this what you have asked TalkTalk to do? What have they done instead?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Have got a bit further..it seems there is a known issue with the way talk
talk have transferred some customers over to Now. In my case they activated
a Sports package but not Cinema, etc. I'm now being billed separately by
Now TV for those. Talk Talk say they will contact me when they have a
resolution. I just wish it was easier to get a straight answer...
chilli2
Elite

Cancel everything purchased through talk talk and start again with Now ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
No....wait a little and see if talk talk sort it. thanks though...
redchiz1
Champion 2

@Anonymous User 

From what I understand of the new TalkTalk/NOW TV partnership you have to make sure that any subscriptions you may have had directly with NOW are lapsed, or cancelled, before taking up any of the offers from TalkTalk. So do persevere and let us know how you get on. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agreed - but that wasn't the problem - hadn't used Now TV before. Talk Talk support said tonight there is a known issue for some customers, who had sport/cinema/entertainment with Talk Talk Tv. Its watchable in the meantime - just a frustrating user experience - and don't want to get charged twice for it. Cheers though.