cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joannazol

Unable to cancel my NowTV membership

I have been unable to cancel my NowTV membership for a long time. It seems impossible! Any help would be welcome as it seems like I'm in a loop and there is no accountability for NowTV/Sky...
- I don't have the option to cancel my membership in my account
- According to my billing & payment information, I don't even pay anything (even though I'm charged £6 for boost and £9.99 for Entertainment every month)
- The 'Live chat' is just a bot and I can't figure out a way to speak to a human
- When calling the number someone recommended in the Community, they tell me they can't help with anything TV related (and there is no number for it) and I should block the payments with my bank (which I can't do as these payments are not direct debits and I can't remove my payment information from the account as supposedly I don't pay anything 🤦🏻‍♀️)

Any recommendations anyone? Can anyone actually working for NowTV can take any responsibility for this?

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@joannazol 

Whoever told you to come on the forum is talking utter rubbish. This is mainly customer to customer based. So any help will be from other likewise customers. 

How did you take the membership(s) out to begin with? 
Was it directly on the website or via the app? If it was the latter then it will be linked to your "App Store" like Google or iTunes.

Any phone numbers you might find are for broadband customers only. They should be pointing you in the direction of live chat. 

Speaking of live chat. Sounds like you're selecting 'Get Help Quicker' which is the unhelpful bot. You need to select 'chat online' within the green box.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@joannazol 

The way you are paying for your Now subscription is called a Continuous Payment Authority, and you most certainly can cancel it. You can ask your bank to do this, based on the details in the latest payment, and they can, and they must, cancel it for you. And if they don’t cancel it, then it becomes their responsibility to pay it.

However, this is an absolute last resort, as it doesn’t absolve you from the responsibility you have taken on here.

So check who you might be paying for Now through; it could be Apple, Amazon, Google, or, if you have BT TV, BT themselves.

Is there a clue as to who you are paying in the text with each payment, on your bank statement?

And if you can find who it is, cancel it on their website, or if Apple, through your phone or tablet.

According to this page:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-payment-methods-can-i-use

you might be getting Now via BT, TalkTalk, or Amazon, and they don’t list anybody else; perhaps Now should publish a list of who you could be paying through, or at least putting this information somewhere that you could find it under your Now account details here.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
SThomas

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem. It is impossible to cancel my subscription - these just keep taking money from my account each month.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SThomas 

See my first original post for more information.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help