cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky sport weekly pass

Hi

It looks like one of my kids has purchased a weekly sky sports pass for £14.99 which I did not want it has not been activated yet, and was wondering how I go about cancelling it and  getting a refund for it

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

What means did they use to buy it? If it was by choosing to watch something, then it will have already started,

But if they bought it via a signed-in NowTV account, you are probably already wondering about the wisdom of giving them access to this.

The first thing you need to do is to go onto your NowTV account and set a Payment PIN, which will prevent any further unauthorised purchases. Keep this PIN strictly to yourself, and anyone else authorised to buy passes.

Even on a signed-in tablet, phone or laptop, this PIN cannot be deactivated, except by someone who knows it, so I think it will be pretty safe, going forward. If you ever think it might have been compromised, though, just change it for a new one.

As regards getting your £14.99 back, though, contact Live Chat in the Help, as here:-

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-tv-passes/cancelling-or-renewing-now-tv-passes

and click the little blue downward arrow at the bottom of the page.

On Live Chat, when you can get onto it, keep your answers short, sweet and prompt, or it will time out on you.

If the person you are talking to doesn’t seem able to understand your issue, ask to be escalated to the next level of help.

<If you can’t access Live Chat and nothing happens, try a different browser from your usual one (Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari) on which you haven’t disabled pop ups, third party cookies or indeed any cookies, haven’t set an Ad Blocker, and haven’t set Noscript on, or JavaScript off, as any or all of these things may prevent the Live Chat window appearing. Or try your usual browser in Incognito, sometimes called Private, mode.>

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Duncaw67
Scholar 3

@Anonymous User 

Did you not mean a sports day pass purchased by mistake,as the weekly pass can no longer be bought from the Now tv website?

RoyB
Legend

@Duncaw67 @Anonymous User 

Those aren’t £14.99

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Duncaw67
Scholar 3

@RoyB 

Yes you are right but it is only the day pass @£9:99 or month pass@£33:99 can be purchased from the Now tv website,a weekly pass costing £10:00 can only be purchased from third party sellers in gift card vouchers which are almost out of stock,none from Curry's or Argos!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It was a weekly sports pass purchased through the now TV stick, I have an email confirming the cost but it will not let me post the screenshot? 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You post the screenshot via the little camera icon in the row of symbols above your posting as you are making it.

But I have a vague recollection that either this does not appear, or it does appear but you can’t use it, until you have reached a certain rank here. Does this seem to be the case?

You don’t say how long ago this pass was bought; it’s true the Week Pass has Ben discontinued now, but this was very recent indeed.

Have you set the Payment PIN now?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It was purchased today and it will not let me post a screenshot, I just want to be pointed in the right direction for somebody to speak to? 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

And hopefully my first posting in this thread let you do that?

Given that you can’t actually talk to somebody on the phone, but Live Chat Is interactive, and the next best thing - better in some ways, as there is no accent barrier, and you can get a printed transcript of the ‘conversation’.