cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Max1
Advocate

Sky Cinema payment taken when no one ordered it

After over 10 years I have cancelled this service, how can you only have a useless chatbot to talk to when you have an issue like cinema being added to my package when NO ONE ORDERED IT. Your CHATBOT does not work, only gives you answers that you want, not what has actually happened. 

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Max1 

Does anybody else have access to your playback devices with your NOW account details on it or have you given away or recycled an old device without wiping off your NOW information? 

Do you have a Payment Pin setup on your NOW account to prevent others purchasing a TV Membership through the playback devices they use ?

Have you taken out a combined Entertainment and Cinema NOW package deal ?

To reach NOW live chat click on the green chat online button towards the top of the link page below.

Do not click on the get help quicker button towards the bottom of the screen which is just a chat bot for pointing you in the right direction for NOW help articles to read.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

Max1
Advocate

No one knows my password. This subscription was not ordered as part of a package. This is not customer service and gives me no reason to stay after over 10 years. Is this how you're going to compete with sky glass? 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Max1 

You say “this is not customer service”, you are mistaken if you think that @schnapps works for NOW, so also saying “how you’re going” won’t have any effect. This forum is mainly used by other customers with staff occasionally jumping on. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Max1 

If you have any device with a persistent logged-in Now account on it (i.e. anything not a tablet or a phone), or you have lost or disposed of such a device without Factory Resetting it first, and you don’t have a Payment PIN set, then anyone can use that device without needing to know your password, and buy a new membership if they so desire. Even if you’ve changed your password since.

The subscription does not need to have been ordered as a package.

You are not talking to Customer Service here - you are talking to your fellow customers.

And you think Now might be worried about competing with Sky Glass? Which involves buying a whole new special TV and still paying more for its subscriptions than Now charge? And then only being able to watch on other TVs you have if you pony up for a device costing more than Firestick or Roku does? And having to pay for Whole Home (more expense) to watch Sky on a mobile, tablet or computer?

It seems to me that Sky Glass, and Sky Streaming, need to have a hard think about how they are going to compete with Now, unless you think 4K cuts it?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.