cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
takniyan

Refund

I noticed a debit today, it’s earlier than the bill date.

regardless I need to cancel so I clicked to talk to a bot.. nothing happens.

is there a number to call ?

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@takniyan 

Charged for what?

TV is live chat only

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
squreeyes95

same here I moved over to EE was charged 3rd November and now 3rd Dec ? 

my 12 month contract was up already  ?  

RoyB
Legend

@takniyan @squreeyes95 

If it involved breathing, talking to a bot would be a waste of your breath. The bot can’t actually achieve anything, except pointing you into the Help.

If you want to cancel streaming memberships, you can do that for yourself; though if you didn’t subscribe directly to Now, you need to do it on the website of whatever company you subscribed through.

If you want to cancel broadband and move to a new broadband provider, you should let that new provider know, and they will normally deal with ceasing Now Broadband for you (but check).

And EE couldn’t move you onto their service while Now were still holding on to the line (unless you went FTTP with EE perhaps). So maybe it’s just that Now need to realise you have gone, and they will refund you.

Or Now think you are still with them, and are pumping broadband down a defunct line, in which case they need to be told you are gone.

Anybody no longer in contract with Now though, either needs a new provider to tell Now that, or you need to tell Now yourself, or they will just keep providing Broadband, and billing accordingly. The Broadband does not stop just because the contract has ended.

Anyone still in contract may also get an Early Termination Charge when they move.

So, bottom line; if your new ISP, if any, hasn’t told Now you are leaving, then you need to, and it can’t be done via a bot, you have to call them.

Which you can do by calling 150 from a Now landline, or take your pick of:-

0330 041 2518, 0330 041 2462, 0330 332 3050, 0800 759 1213, 0330 041 2473, 0333 759 4816

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
takniyan
Thank you for your help and suggestions