cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrishovord
Advocate

NowTV feels like a con

I feel like I've been conned by this company... and to be continually charge every mouth £6.99 a mouth after cancelling is ridicules. no where was it clear when signing up that this would happen as i would have never signed up in the first place and to have this happen after you Automatic sign people up to Now Boost in a email that was sent to spam folder  so no wonder i didn't see that one (lovey surprise that was... thanks)  just shows how disingenuous this company is.. i want a full refund and to be taken off this list    

5 REPLIES 5
nevertvvv

Did this get resolved? I had no idea I was going to be in a 'minimum-term plan' and had to pay even after cancelling until the end of that term...

RoyB
Legend

@nevertvvv 

Now often catches people out in the small print, but you are supposed to read the large print…. the minimum term was the quid pro quo for the discounted price you were offered, and I think that was made pretty clear.

But Now may very well let you off if you contact them and ask nicely, as they don’t want unhappy locked-in customers. The following link leads you to direct contact with Now:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-contact-now

Avoid ‘Get Help Quicker’ there; the Nowbot, while it means well, doesn’t know its own limitations, and it won’t help you once you get to this stage.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
FionaW
Observer

The chat doesn't work. There is no way to contact them. It seems dishonest.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@FionaW 

There is plenty of ways to get in touch with staff via live chat from the link that @RoyB posted.

This is one of the many routes from that link. To get live chat you want to use the ‘How to get in touch’ drop down, but make sure to be signed in.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/tv/cancel-or-renew-membership

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@chrishovord 

Did you sign up for the six month discounted deal? In which case, see my reply to @nevertvvv above.

Or are you on a month to month plan, which you tried to cancel, but didn’t complete all the steps of, and so never actually cancelled, nor got the confirmation email from Now that you had cancelled?

It isn’t Now’s fault if one of their emails winds up in your spam folder, by the way; either your email rules, or those of your email supplier cause this, entirely beyond Now’s control, but firmly in yours.

But yes, they automatically signed you up to Boost, email or no, because the Membership you bought came with a free trial of Boost, which you may or may not have realised, and Now preticked a box on the signup, that you could have unticked, but either didn’t realise you could have, or didn’t realise was there at all.

And after 7 days, this stealth Boost trial not having been cancelled by you, it turned into a very unstealth chargeable option.

Preticked boxes ought to be a big no-no 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.