cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karlie
Advocate

Refund

I have been charged for a free trial and I didn’t even set up cinematic now tv I set up a free trial for 3 months for entertainment and I’ve been charged 3 times for both entertainment and cinematic when I already cancelled subscription on my iphone

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@Karlie 

I think you may have misread the offer you took; I haven’t seen any 3-month free trials of Entertainment lately, so I think it was a paid subscription for that, accompanied by free trials of Cinema and Boost which, somewhat stealthily, turned into further paid subscriptions for these two Memberships.

However, talk to Live Chat, and ask for your payments to be refunded.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-contact-now

Avoid ‘Get Help Quicker’ there. This is a ‘bot that can’t help here.

You will no doubt be pleased to hear that Now seem to have mended their ways, and these multi-item deals now explain much more clearly what you are getting into, and require explicit consent instead of implied consent.

However, unless you have a record of the deal you got showing that three month’s free trial, I will put this down to a misreading that I don’t think Now can be blamed for.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.