cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dennish
Advocate

Over charged

I realised I was being charged 9.99 twice in the same month. For some months now and when I finally got through to someone inlive chat I was told I'm not the account holder and that someone else is using my card. And because I'm not the account holder they won't let me stop payments.even though I'm card holder. So it blatant fraud and I've tried to stop this through bank I've replaced my card yet it still gets taken. 

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Dennish 

Card holder and account holder are totally different things on NOW. 

You might be the card holder, however someone may have got a hold of your card details and using it against their NOW account. 

Are the payments coming from your NOW account?

Bills & Payments (nowtv.com)

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Dennish 

Now accounts are paid for, from your card, by a Continuous Payment Authority.

If you ask your card issuer to stop one of these, then they can, and they must, and any further payments that they allow on the CPA, they must refund you for.

There is no need for you to stop the card being used, and indeed, this is usually ineffective, as CPAs are designed to cope with card changes - so you must stop the CPA, not the card.

Though if you think your card security has been breached such that payments other than CPAs can be fraudulently taken from it, then you do need to stop the card; but you still need, separately, to stop the CPA.

Have another word with your card issuer (which may or may not be your bank, though if you asked your bank to stop the payments, they should have told you that they were not the card issuer, if that was the case), quoting:-

https://www.fca.org.uk/news/news-stories/continuous-payment-authorities-it-your-right-cancel

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.