cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roadknight
Advocate

NOW TV via BT TV (subscription issue)

I subscribe via new BT TV account (switched from SKY due to poor service!)

Have overnight lost all NOW channels! Woke early this morning to watch F1 race in Vegas. Kept getting error messages. Long story short, waited for BT customer services to open. Looks like, at this stage, I've paid my bill to them (BT), but NOW TV account says subscription payment failed yesterdays date. Still on hold, on a currently 1hr 24 minute phone call!!!! trying to resolve. anyone else happen to have experienced this?

1. I've been up since 5 a.m.

2. Why are these companies so inept?

3. Its a first world problem, but subscriptions are not cheap and service is incredibly poor. What are we paying for?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

Hi @Roadknight 

One thing you are paying for is for BT to support your use of the Now subscription that you are paying BT TV for, and there is nothing that Now can or will do for you 😢

But BT online support is famously inept, and your best bet is to post here:-

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/bd-p/YouView

where the real BT TV expert staff hang out.

It does seem though, that BT TV is an incredibly delicate beast, with some quite demanding and specific requirements that more often than not involve a flurry of PMs and then BT TV twiddling with a user’s individual account settings to get things right,

Which I expect they will need to do for you, so post there, and get the process started.

Also note that any individual use of ‘BT’ in a name is likely to morph into ‘EE’ without warning at the moment 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

Hi @Roadknight 

One thing you are paying for is for BT to support your use of the Now subscription that you are paying BT TV for, and there is nothing that Now can or will do for you 😢

But BT online support is famously inept, and your best bet is to post here:-

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/bd-p/YouView

where the real BT TV expert staff hang out.

It does seem though, that BT TV is an incredibly delicate beast, with some quite demanding and specific requirements that more often than not involve a flurry of PMs and then BT TV twiddling with a user’s individual account settings to get things right,

Which I expect they will need to do for you, so post there, and get the process started.

Also note that any individual use of ‘BT’ in a name is likely to morph into ‘EE’ without warning at the moment 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.