cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clayton
Mentor

Latest Offer March 2023...

I have just seen an offer for Sky Sports for £21 month for 12 months. The only issue is that I am already on an offer of £19.99 a month until May 2023.

I tried to claim the offer, however it said that I was already on an offer.

The only issue is that this offer expires on March 19th 2023.

Do I cancel my membership a few days before and then claim the new offer?

Clayton

13 REPLIES 13
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Clayton 

See if anything in this link thread below helps in anyway.

Also when is your next scheduled payment date for your existing Sports offer due ?

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Everything-Sports/Sports-pass-offers/m-p/598052#M4932 

Clayton
Mentor

Many thanks for this.

We pay for the current offer on the 1st of each month.

According to the new offer, the first payment will come out on the 1st April. If I cancel today would I be able to see out my current offer until the 31st March and the new one kicks in on the 1st April?

Clayton
Mentor

I was thinking, if this does not work then I can setup a new account and sign up the new offer. Not an ideal way, but a last resort.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Clayton wrote:

Many thanks for this.

We pay for the current offer on the 1st of each month.

According to the new offer, the first payment will come out on the 1st April. If I cancel today would I be able to see out my current offer until the 31st March and the new one kicks in on the 1st April?

Hi @Clayton 

It sounds to me that on the 1st of April you will get the new 12 month offer for £21 per month starting from the 1st of April and your existing offer of £19.99 will automatically be replaced with this new offer from the information you are saying above.

You should be able to keep watching your NOW Sports in the meantime.

Should you proceed, then after it's gone through double check your online account under My Membership and My Payments to make sure everything looks in order.

Clayton
Mentor

Just cancelled my current offer (I have until March 27th 2023). There is an option for me to restart the membership if I change my mind which is good.

I then tried to claim the new offer and I received the following:

Something Went Wrong: You are already on an offer. You'll need to wait until you're in the last 30 days of this offer before you can apply this voucher.

I am wondering if I need to wait maybe a day for the systems to catch up?

Clayton

RoyB
Legend

@Clayton @schnapps 

As I have already explained in another thread (though you may not have seen it), cancelling Sports actually just stops any further renewals, but leaves the current month still running.

So your cancel won’t have any effect until 27 March, and you can still watch your existing month of Sports until then.

But having this Sports Membership still running until then is preventing you taking the new and better offer, and would prevent you taking it at all, as the new offer runs out on the 19th.

Bit of an odd one here, as you should be able to take out the new offer, since you are in the last month of your current arrangement, having cancelled it going forward, but maybe the system is confused because it would have to start an offer which ends on the 19th, but later, on the 28th, and this confounds it.

So what you need to do is get on Live Chat, and ask them to ‘super-cancel’ the existing Sports pass with immediate effect, so you can get the new offer in time before the 19th.

This issue does come up from time to time when Now launch time-limited offers without giving us sufficient notice to cancel any existing arrangements. There are various things that Now could do to alleviate these situations more automatically, but they haven’t implemented anything so far 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Clayton 

Restart your existing offer, then get in touch with NOW live chat, there is a link in the other link thread I posted on my first reply to you.

Hopefully live chat will sort you out and transfer you onto the £21 per month 12 month deal offer you are after from the NOW website.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Clayton 

Before contacting NOW live chat.

Restart your existing Sports Membership with the £19.99 offer and then try the 12 months £21 per month offer on the NOW website.

If it doesn't go through or brings up an error message, then get in touch with live chat who should be able to help in your request.

Clayton
Mentor

Many thanks to you both for your replies.

I followed your advice and restarted my existing membership. I then attempted to sign up for the £21 per month offer and I received the same error message: You are already on an offer.

Will contact support now.