cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sree

Incorrectly placed on 6 months plan

Hi,

I tried your trail and before even the trail is completed I can see the plan changed to 6 months one. I am unable to cancel it. 

Could you cancel it immediately and donot charge anymore.

Its unfortunate to see you have no contact number or email to sort issues like this. Sorry if I have missed it.

regards

5 REPLIES 5
redchiz1
Champion 2

@sree 

There is no point saying "you" here I'm afraid as NOW don't respond to posts on the community. And I doubt you have been "placed" on a 6 month deal, , I suspect that is you what you agreed to in exchange for a discounted price, albeit perhaps without studying the details.

Nevertheless NOW customer services are generally sympathetic in such cases, use the green Chat online button near the top of the page here to speak to an agent. 

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

There seem to be a lot of offers with a "6-month minimum term".  Not sure how this would be enforced if you add a pre-paid credit card.  Seems to defeat the point of a streaming service.  It’s not as if Now publish all the movies/entertainment 6 months, so you can decide if you want it or not.  Right now, all I know is Ferrari is on 1 March and Barbie and Oppenheimer are coming soon.  My cinema offer ends 26 Feb and unlikely to be renewed.   Hopefully House of The Dragon is on before my entertainment offer finishes.

https://www.nowtv.com/gb/account/membership/my-offers

6-month minimum term. After minimum term your NOW Cinema Membership auto-renews at £9.99 a month, unless cancelled. Cancel anytime effective at the end of the minimum term.

RoyB
Legend

@SweetBlitz 

The quid pro quo of signing up for six months is you get it cheaper. You can always eschew the offer, pay full price instead, and retain the flexibility of month to month.

And Now is not predicated on what it offers, so yes, that is a bit of a lucky dip.

The main problem with the six month offers are (i) that people don’t read the offer, don’t see the six months, often get blinded by ‘free trial’ and see no charges at all; (ii) that Now sneakily pre-tick the boxes for Boost, and any other membership on the table, without informing you, so you get stealth free trials you didn’t explicitly select, which then turn, again without warning, into very unstealth further charges.

(i) is down to the customer to get right

(ii) should be outlawed as an illegal business practice.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@sree 

If you believe you are going to talk to staff on here then you are sadly mistaken. See this link which echos what @redchiz1 says.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/help/faqpage/title/what-is-community-for

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help