cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geoboss

I have been charged even though I definitely cancelled

I cancelled my cinema membership last week after commencing a free trial. I didn't want to be charged because I wasn't happy with the selection of movies. I DEFINITELY cancelled it. But NOW TV does not send proof of cancellation to yuour email, so I have no proof. But anyway, it was un-cancelled by NOW TV and i've been charged £9.99 for a service i dont even want. Absolute robbery - trying to get a refund but they have no customer service. Please give me a refund. 

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@geoboss 

Sorry, but Now absolutely do send out email confirmations of cancellations. Have you looked in your spam folder?

Though at a guess, you didn’t go all the way through the cancellation. To confirm for yourself whether cancellation has happened or not, look under Manage Now Account/Now Membership/Cinema Membership/🟢 with a little v down arrow in it, and ensure there is no Next Payment shown. If there is, go back and repeat the cancellation until there isn’t.

Or at a second guess, you did Cancel successfully, but only at the last minute, and so after Now might have started the billing cycle. Check for cancellation, as above, and if it is cancelled now, then this is what has happened.

How, by the way, did you get a free trial of Cinema? Was it with a 6-month subscription to Entertainment, perhaps? Or some other way?

But none of your fellow-customers are going to give you a refund, and there’s nobody here but us chickens. So best you talk to Now over Live Chat to sort this out. And avoid ‘Get Help Quicker’. That’s just a ‘bot, and you won’t.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.