cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Free trial but being charged?!

I'm on a free trial on the entertainment
And movie package. I see my bank had been charged 3 X 10p. It's not the amount that bothers me but I'd like to know why you are removing any money from my account with out my permission. A free trial is a free trial, there was no cost advertised for episodes or any warning of a removal of money as a formality of checking there is money in my account.

I'm not happy about this, I would like a staff member, not a community contributor to answer to this. In the mean time I will be checking the legalities of this with the financial ombudsman.
54 REPLIES 54
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I have sorted out your device issue for you 🙂

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks mate 😀😀
Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi, I'm having similar problems, I've been charged for a now tv entertainment pass when I haven't used the service after I discontinued the trial. I'm not sure if a refund is possible but I would like to get it sorted so I'll no longer be charged. any and all help would be much appreciated. thanks
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
...I've been charged for a now tv entertainment pass when I haven't used the service after I discontinued the trial. 

Hi @Anonymous User,

The most probable reason why you've been charged is because all the NOW TV service(s) you've subscribed to 'roll on' automatically if they're not cancelled prior to any 'free trial', 'voucher pass' or 'monthly' subscription expiring!

Provided you have not viewed any 'Entertainment' content you might be able to get your subscription payment(s) returned to by contacting a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility.

That being said, given that this is an 'Bills and Payments' (ie: account) related issue, I suggest you contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'live chat' facility and explain your requirements to them... They're usually pretty quick at resolving account management issues 😉

The easiest way of contacting 'Live Chat' is by using a Windows or Mac computer, along with various many makes and models of mobile phones and tablets (provided their screen resolution is high enough). Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • Click on the blue 'Start Live Chat' button on the left of the web page.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, I signed up for a month's free trial but after 14 days have been charged the monthly rate.

Why? 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

As far as I'm aware, NOW TV offers a '14 day free trial periods' not 'monthly' trial periods... So if you have been charged it's because you did not cancell before the end of the 'free trial' period!

Cheers

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Deleted. Smiley Surprised

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I'm sorry to hear about this! 

As this is accounts based, I've dropped you an e-mail. Please keep an eye out in your Inbox/Spam folders 🙂

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got a free now tv trial, didn't really like it and didn't realise I had to cancel it and didn't know how to, and today it's took the payment, I rang a number I found and apparently the only way of contacting you is through this? I'd like a full refund, I'm not paying for something that's no use to me, thankyou.
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Live chat is the better option as they can look into your account. Providing any content hasn't been viewed, you may be eligible for a refund.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/How-to-cancel-NOW-TV

Click on "contact us" at the bottom of the link and select "live chat".

Best on a PC/Mac. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂