cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Free trial but being charged?!

I'm on a free trial on the entertainment
And movie package. I see my bank had been charged 3 X 10p. It's not the amount that bothers me but I'd like to know why you are removing any money from my account with out my permission. A free trial is a free trial, there was no cost advertised for episodes or any warning of a removal of money as a formality of checking there is money in my account.

I'm not happy about this, I would like a staff member, not a community contributor to answer to this. In the mean time I will be checking the legalities of this with the financial ombudsman.
54 REPLIES 54
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User NOW TV haven't taken the money. When you start a trial, to prove that your card is valid they make a request to your bank for 10p, this then gives them a reference they can then use for future payments. As they don't finalise the transaction the bank never it to to NOW TV, some banks never show this, others shows it as a pending, and some like yours add it as a line. When your bank realise that the transaction isn't to be completed they will adjust the balance of your account.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

i purchased a now tv box set which came with 3 months free trial, after I had set everything up and made an account I was hen asked for bank details for any future services after my trail period had finished, to which in watered my bank details only to find out i have been charged for the service and not given my free trail even though I haven't used the box set at all anyway, I have tried to cancel but an error messages pleats a ting that I need to make payment before doing so, how can I get a refund and this situation corrected? 

kind regards

louise 

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

I have sent you an email in regards to your query. 

Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This has

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This has happened to me. I need a refund too. 😳
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

We'll take a look at your account and then send you an email.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

can you check mine as well just been charged £2.99 but canceled free trail within 1 day of starting

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

can you check mine as well just been charged £2.99 but canceled free trail within 1 day of starting

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Sufficed to say, it's the responisibility of the NOW TV account holder to pro-actively manage their NOW TV accounts.

For security reasons, all issues related to your NOW TV 'account' are subject to the Data Protection Act and can't be discussed on the open forum, which means you'll need to contact a NOW TV representative to resolve your issue.

The good news is, if you officially cancelled your NOW TV subscriptions (by accessing the 'My Passes' area of your 'My Account') and followed the cancellation procedure in full, NOW TV would have sent you a confirmation email of your cancellation request(s).

Provided you still have the cancellation email, claiming back any money NOW TV have taken in error should be a straight forward procedure by contacting a NOW TV representative.

If you don't have a confirmation email, provided you have not viewed any content (which the NOW TV people will thoroughly check) you should be able to get all (or a proportion) of your subscription payments returned/refunded to you by contacting a NOW TV representative.

You can contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or 'Send us a message' facility by using a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers might not sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users might require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • To 'Send us a message', click on the light blue 'Send Message' button.
  • To start a 'Live Chat', click on the dark blue 'Chat online' button.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This has happened to me too I even cancelled the "free trial" and have still been billed 😩