cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zulekhaj786
Advocate

Complaint

I have been charged for a membership for the past few months which I don’t have. I have been in touch with nowTV every time I see the payment go out of my bank. Today finally I manged to speak to someone online through the online chat to than come to the end of the conversation, left confused to what was happening they had ended the chat. I do not appreciate that nowTV charging me for a membership that they comfirm I don’t have her pricing the payments going out to being told they can refund me than having them chat ended without being told what will happen if I will get the refund and they will cancel the account etc. so I’m very angry and upset with the service and want something done asap 

4 REPLIES 4
chilli2
Elite 2

@Zulekhaj786oh dear, nevermind.

You have reached the equivalent of Now outer Space, that is no matter how much you scream no one who can do anything from Now  will hear you

Membership for what?

If its TV its simple, just go online to your account and hit cancel.

If you signed up with a third party such as BT then  you will need to go in that way.

Ultimately its your responsibility to keep track of what you pay for and how .

I have had no issues with Nows streaming service(s) both cancelling them and re-subscribing then cancelling again ( i currently have no TV subs active) 

These are all set up via the main website, and cancelled there. Payments for Now services are via credit or debit card only

Zulekhaj786
Advocate

No my point is that I’m seeing on my bank account being charged for now tv I don’t have an account for which iv jsit made my email address don’t match etc so there for I can’t cancel so I can only see it on my bank account.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Zulekhaj786 

Payment for what TV or broadband?

NOW offer two types of products. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Zulekhaj786 

On this page:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/cancelled-but-still-being-charged

Go To Account Finder

and look for your name and the last four digits of the card number that’s being charged,

This may give you an Account Number you can access and Cancel the Membership on, possibly one you forgot you had, possibly one someone has taken out in your name.

(Live Chat should have done this for you, or at least walked you through it; did they?)

Failing that, contact your bank and tell them to stop the CPA (Continous Payment Authority) that these payments are coming out under.

Don't let them tell you that they can’t do this - they can, and they must, at your request.

It might be a courtesy to let Live Chat know that you are doing this, emphasising that this is not your account,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.