cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wanderin
Advocate

Cinema payment that I didn't sign up for with Free subsccription

Hi all,

I recently signed up for the inital free 3 months TV subscription.Ive just checked my bank and there is a £9.99 Cinema subscription being taken. I have tried contacting to get it back, but the robot just constantly says it doesn't understand. Any advice please? Also, I have the pause signal on constantly while trying towatch programmes. Again, no information or help available.

3 REPLIES 3
RoyB
Legend

@Wanderin 

Was that through Now Broadband? Otherwise, I don’t know of any free 3 months subscription (though Now don’t always write to me to tell me everything they are doing 😢), and again, as far as I know, it’s an Entertainment subscription, so if you watch a Cinema movie, you will be charged.

Hence my advice below to set a Payment PIN, so you always know when this is happening.

The Nowbot is largely a waste of space, especially for billing and payment problems 😢 Normally, I’d route you to Live Chat:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

but if you got this offer from Now Broadband, you can phone them about this:-

Try 0330 041 2518, 0330 041 2462 or 0330 332 3050, and maybe 0800 759 1213

Re the pause signal, no idea. Never seen this 😢

Perhaps if you specified the device you get this problem on, we could have more of a clue?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Wanderin
Advocate

Hi, thanks for responding. It was an offer for Now TV access.

RoyB
Legend

@Wanderin 

Thanks for coming back, but sorry, but that doesn’t get us any further forward 😢

Who made the offer? If Now, which bit of Now?

And the Pause signal must presumably be coming up on a screen. Screen on what device, and being fed what programme from what app on what source device?

This information is needed if we are to be able to help further.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.