cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ameena

Charged for two memberships

I got a entertainment membership this month and it was £6.99 

I didn’t cancel the free trial 

Now charged me again £9.99for a Cinema membership which I never applied for. 

how do I get my refund for the 2nd membership ( I already cancelled it) 

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Ameena 

For any chance of a refund you must speak with staff via live chat, it certainly won't get done on here. Make sure to be signed in and use the 'How to get in touch' drop down.
https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/tv/vouchers-and-offers

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Ameena 

@gavs82008 has covered what you need to do, but in fairness to Now, we need to unpick what happened here.

There is no free trial on Entertainment - you get charged immediately - so if there was a free trial you didn’t cancel, it must have been a free trial of Cinema, and you must have accepted it.

And again, as you didn’t cancel it, it turned into a paid Cinema subscription after 7 days.

All this is exactly as Now describe it; and you explicitly have to accept the offered Cinema trial, or it will not be added.

I can see that you have misunderstood what you were being offered, though, and if you haven’t watched any Cinema since the free trial ended, no doubt Now Live Chat will be sympathetic.

You should also watch out for Boost; you may find you accepted a free trial of that as well. But before cancelling that, look in the Now Help to see how Boost enhances your Entertainment experience (3 simultaneous users instead of 1, no adverts in On Demand, Full HD instead of HD Ready, surround Sound instead of Stereo), and only cancel it if you can’t afford it, or don’t want any of those things enough to pay the extra £6 a month.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.