cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DJ234

Cancelled membership

Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me. So I joined the free trial for now TV and it signed me up to all these accounts the day before the trial ended I cancell d however it had been charging me £7 a month and I haven’t been watching it since I cancelled. Has anyone been in a similar situation and know if I can get a refund as it says it will be charging me until January 2024

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@DJ234 

There is no free trial introductory offer any more.

It sound like you signed up for the six months of discounted Entertainment at £6.99, the sign on form for which gives you a week’s free trial of Cinema and a week’s free trial of Boost unless you explicitly uncheck these at signup time,

And it looks like you didn’t cancel them during the free trial period either, so both turned into paid subscriptions after 7 days.

Which you could cancel, even though it was a bit late, and you did cancel them.

But the six months Entertainment you can’t cancel, until the minimum six months term is up, hence it continuing until January 2024.

You could try contacting Now on Live Chat, explain that what you thought would happen isn’t what does happen, and see if they will kindly let you off; but do ask nicely and the result isn’t guaranteed.

I’m quite hawkish that people who don’t understand the deal shouldn’t have to pay for the extras, but I think the main component, the six months’ Entertainment, is explained clearly enough. However Now may be forgiving, even here.

Follow this link, and the questions it asks, to talk to Live Chat about this:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-contact-now

Ignore ‘Get Help Quicker’. Under these circumstances, it won’t be.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@DJ234 

When you cancelled, did you cancel one or all? If it was only one you must bear in mind it will NOT automatically cancel the others, they are all separate.

Did you get an email confirmation of the cancellation? 

Speak with staff via live chat. By clicking the ‘How to get in touch’ drop down when signed in.
https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/tv/membership-options-prices

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
DJ234

Thankyou I managed to speak to them via the chat and they have kindly cancelled it for me

DJ234

I did cancel them all and get the confirmation however it mentioned something about the 6 month plan which I didn’t believe I signed up to so be sure to double check when signing up to things 

RoyB
Legend

@DJ234 

There is no free trial introductory offer any more.

It sound like you signed up for the six months of discounted Entertainment at £6.99, the sign on form for which gives you a week’s free trial of Cinema and a week’s free trial of Boost unless you explicitly uncheck these at signup time,

And it looks like you didn’t cancel them during the free trial period either, so both turned into paid subscriptions after 7 days.

Which you could cancel, even though it was a bit late, and you did cancel them.

But the six months Entertainment you can’t cancel, until the minimum six months term is up, hence it continuing until January 2024.

You could try contacting Now on Live Chat, explain that what you thought would happen isn’t what does happen, and see if they will kindly let you off; but do ask nicely and the result isn’t guaranteed.

I’m quite hawkish that people who don’t understand the deal shouldn’t have to pay for the extras, but I think the main component, the six months’ Entertainment, is explained clearly enough. However Now may be forgiving, even here.

Follow this link, and the questions it asks, to talk to Live Chat about this:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-contact-now

Ignore ‘Get Help Quicker’. Under these circumstances, it won’t be.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
DJ234

They’ve kindly let me off I spoke with them via the live chat and explained that I wasn’t aware. I’ll be sure to double check next time as I thought I was just signing up for the free trial. Thanks for your advice 

Damiloju__

@RoyB 

Chat bot doesn't work well for me

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Damiloju__ 

The post from @RoyB states clearly to avoid the 'Get Help Quicker' Chat Bot he states to use Live chat. 
Granted this is buried in the 'How to get in touch' drop down.
https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/tv/vouchers-and-offers

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 @Damiloju__ 

The trouble with my nearly six month’s old advice is that the Nowbot now interposes its unlovely self even if you don’t choose Get Help Quicker, but do choose Request a Refund 😢

More recent examples of this bit of boilerplate of mine now take this into account 😛

RoyB
Legend

@DJ234 

Excellent! Happy to be of service 😛