cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

COVID-19

Need to contact a real person about my account and being able to use the service I'm paying for outside the uk

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I am not abroad, I am resident in the UK but the NOW TV app stopped working properly on Monday
Up until now, I have been happy with the content provided by NOW TV but I am really frustrated by not being able to contact someone at NOW TV when there are problems. Whether the advice given was solely just for him is really for NOW TV to answer and I was really hoping to get a response from the person in accounts who said this. I do appreciate that members of the community can sometimes help and give advice to get people’s service working but NOW TV should really provide proper customer support rather than rely on FAQs and the goodwill of other service users. I also appreciate that due to people being at home and using streaming services more than normal, there will be some issues as a result of the increased demand but this is no reason not to be accessible or not to inform customers if there are known issues.
However, to pick up your kind offer of advice and assistance. I am using a (black) NOW TV box and have already tried disconnecting the power supply to the box for a minute, plugging the supply back in, switching on the equipment and opening NOW TV.. No success. I have also checked for software updates but this is up to date. So again, no success.
Regards
just
RMM71
Scholar 2

@Anonymous User  have you tried going in via the search menu and searching for a programme you want to watch rather than going into the NOW TV app direct.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi RMM71,
Thanks for your advice. No I did not think of going in via the search menu and searching for a programme I want to watch rather than going into the NOW TV app direct but following your suggestion, I gave it a go.
I first tried launching the NOW TV app directly again and for a moment it seemed to load up and display the thumbnails for longer, rather than crashing almost immediately, but it did then crash again after a second or so. I then tried your suggestion of going in via the search menu rather than directly via the NOW TV app and this definitely worked. Thanks very much for the advice. When I tried again this morning, the NOW TV app was working again so I don’t know whether this was just serendipity but I will certainly remember to try using the search menu approach again if I have problems in future.
The NOW TV box Home Screen menu will still not load the thumbnails for suggested viewing and continue watching (continually buffering) and the Best of Catch Up and TV Guide will not load either (again continually buffering) but at least the NOW TV app is working in the My Apps menu. This is not entirely a new problem as I have been unable to use the thumbnail shortcuts in the NOW TV Home Screen menu, the Best of Catch Up menu and the TV Guide menu since the last system update on 6 March. Before the current issues, these used to load the thumbnails but if you clicked on them, it just crashed with an Error has occurred message. Still with the NOW TV app now working in the My Apps menu I can now browse and launch prograames.
Once again, many thanks for your assistance, much appreciated.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have paid for a month's pass but you have no live sport on at all. How can I get a refund?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi simon-J 

Im having trouble making my payment at the moment and bow tv are on about terminating my contract i have sent an email asking if i could pay £25 today and £25 next week as i havent got £50 to pay straight out today but ive not recieved a rwply yet and have no other way of contacting you also i cant find anywhere on the nowtv website to make a payment?