cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

iOS App using two slots with Chromecast

I noticed that my iPad was counted as TWO device slots when I bought a Chromecast. I deleted the iPad from the device list and accessed the NowTV app via the Chromecast app. It has again added the iPad as using a device slot. I have only accesed the app in the proscribed manner so why is it still taking a slot? Anyone any solutions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

The iPad will be added as a device as soon as you play any NOW TV content on its screen. It is possible to use the iPad to control your Chromecast without it being added as a device, but you would need to make sure you always press the cast button in the app before you choose what you want to watch (this way whatever you choose to watch doesn't start playing on your iPad screen and so your iPad doesn't get registered as a device).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

The iPad will be added as a device as soon as you play any NOW TV content on its screen. It is possible to use the iPad to control your Chromecast without it being added as a device, but you would need to make sure you always press the cast button in the app before you choose what you want to watch (this way whatever you choose to watch doesn't start playing on your iPad screen and so your iPad doesn't get registered as a device).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you Andy. I believe I must have fallen foul of the content playing before casting. Maybe a prompt before playing and that, extremely annoying, outcome might be avoided. I appreciate the response though.