cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problem preventing playback

Hi

I'm unable to watch any series or films for more than a minute or so on my iPad Air 2.  The message is 'WiFi not available'. I have the 4g switched off for any streaming as I don't want a huge bill from my mobile provider. 

I have no problems with Netflix or YouTube, just your app. I have even been in touch with my broadband provider and they've confirmed that there's nothing wrong from their side. 

I have deleted the app, turned my iPad off and back on, reinstalled the Nowtv app, but to no avail! 

What next? Should I just cancel my subscription? Cause it's costing me for both film and tv programs at nearly £17 per month and so far I've wasted my money! 

10 REPLIES 10
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

I'm sorry for the issues you have encountered when trying to use your iPad. 

Can you please let us know if you are still experiencing this issue? 

If you are can you please ensure that your iPad is up to date and running the latest software?

Do you experience this issue as soon as you launch the app or when you try to play content?

Can you please also try resetting your wireless router, and then re-connect your iPad to this connection? 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I've cancelled both my passes. All my software is up to date and I contacted my broadband provider and they confirmed my wifi is fine and they also got me to reset my router. I don't see the point of throwing money away. Thank you for getting back to me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I'm having the same issue when using the app on my xbox one. I've contacted you about this before and I was told to uninstall and reinstall the app, which I did, but then the error comes up again. I was also told it might be an issue with my xbox one but now that I see this happening to someone using a different device it must be your service. Could you please let me know if this can be fixed? I enjoy your service and don't want to cancel, but I will if this keeps happening. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear that 😞

I'll email you shortly to gather more details.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having this problem too on a windows PC now TV app
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

Can you take a look at the article here and follow the steps.

Failing that can you tell me if you are using a VPN or private network on your connection or if your PC is connected to anything like a  secondary monitor or TV - also do you see any error codes with the message?

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hello, my PC isn't connected to anything except it's charger, and there's no error code it just says ' a problem preventing playback, please try again or visit NOWTV.com/help' this happens every few minutes on the windows app. I know it's not the internet connection because I can watch shows on my Iphone app.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous User

Would you be able to refresh your connection between your PC and the router by restarting the router completely?

Thanks,

Ryan
NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have done that but it's still happening, I can watch/stream Netflix and catchup TV fine it's only NOWTV that won't play