cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Price increase for what?

so whats this price increase for from June, are we all getting HD when this happnes?

35 REPLIES 35
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Guys

As long as you're willing to spend money there'll always be someone willing to take it.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Tho I don't know a single person who got banned for breaching the T&Cs

I know a mate who had their account closed after a month in the 2014-15 season, fortunately for them they had the Thailand price and at under £25 it was still cheap for the month of games.

gotta admit I did read on the net about them being much stricter with the thailand pass... I always bought the more expensive £90 New Zealand, so did allot of my mates and we never had any problems... BUT If I had've been banned and lost the £90 I wouldn't have complained cause it's the risk you take! ☺️

£33.99 (from £31.99) is a 6.25% increase, which is disappointingly large when compared to an inflation rate of 0.5% but presumably it's to cover Sky's increased costs for Premier League football coverage for the next 3 seasons from september onwards.

We don't all watch Premier League football of course (cricket & golf anyone?) - but it looks like we (fans of all sports, Premier League football and otherwise) will all be paying for it!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@dr_necessitor wrote:

£33.99 (from £31.99) is a 6.25% increase, which is disappointingly large when compared to an inflation rate of 0.5% but presumably it's to cover Sky's increased costs for Premier League football coverage for the next 3 seasons from september onwards.

We don't all watch Premier League football of course (cricket & golf anyone?) - but it looks like we (fans of all sports, Premier League football and otherwise) will all be paying for it!

what annoys me is the service isn't getting any better despite all these price rises... (I expect an entertainment & movie hike will inevitably be on the cards aswell) ... where's the subtitles? ... where's the 1080p on demand etc etc 🤔

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I never brought  a sports pass till two weeks ago never thought it was worth it buying  a day pass but since the week pass and the month pass come out its better but if it's gets two much I be gone again  I test this service 3 years ago when they was just movies I stay for three months then went away only just came back three months ago to look at the new passes  so be no prob for me to leave for three more years  as I have most channels on my virgin  but got rid of sports and movies this year  and I seen as normal with the probs I had with my first sports pass sky are still the same they not bother 

@Anonymous User wrote:
so whats the price increase for?

@dr_necessitor wrote:

It must be especially annoying for those sports fans who only watch other sports but don't watch Premier League football to suffer such inflation busting price increases.