cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

As you can see your new post has been moved merged into this existing topic which is about the same subject...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I absolutely agree as well. I pay for the monthly sports package and use a roku 3 for my main tv and a roku 2 for the bedroom with bt broadband. The roku 3 is wired and the roku 2 is wireless. I get picture freeze on both

It doesn't make it unwatchable but can be more of an annoyance!

My Dad also has the monthly pass and has sky fibre broadband and a now tv black box with the same issue! So if now tv are saying it's to do with the provider of broadband and the box, then what combination do they suggest? Virgin broadband and a PS3? Or talk talk broadband and an Xbox? Be good if they can let us know which will stop the picture freeze!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
It doesn't make it unwatchable but can be more of an annoyance!

My Dad also has the monthly pass and has sky fibre broadband and a now tv black box with the same issue! So if now tv are saying it's to do with the provider of broadband and the box, then what combination do they suggest? Virgin broadband and a PS3? Or talk talk broadband and an Xbox? Be good if they can let us know which will stop the picture freeze!

I agree that it is not unwatchable but once you notice it it becomes really annoying. Certain sports it has little affect to the enjoyment but others are more problematic. When watching the Darts, there have been a number of occasions when getting to a crucial throw for a double. The player brings back the dart to throw, the picture freezes, you hear the roar from the crowd and the picture unfreezes as the player is walking away from the board. It takes a second or two to figure out whether they missed or got the double!! That just ruins the enjoyment for me.

And it's got absolutely nothing to do with your broadband provider or the equipment used. If you go back to previous posts on here, you will notice that we have the full list of every UK broadband provider and every bit of kit that you can get NOW TV on and it affects them all. I personally have rock solid 100Mbps Virgin using a hard wired Chromecast that I use for lots of other streaming services without issue. NOW TV is the only one that I have this problem with. To be fair to NOW TV I hardly ever get any buffering, just this momentary freeze of the picture every few minutes. The problem is at NOW TV's end and they did fix it for a week a few weeks back but it is back to normal (i.e. freezing) again now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm still getting the picture freezes whilst the sound continues.

Given the vast number of people complaining about this issue, using different hadrware and b/band services, it's clear it's a Now TV issue.

My last two requests for information, via e-mail, have been ignored. Now TV don't want to address this issue, they don't care.

I'm just waiting to contact Ombudsman now, because I think I've exhausted all reasonable options. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When watching the Darts last night I was watching via Sky Sports Action and as mentioned previously the problem was there as bad as ever. Tonight I have been watching via Sky Sports Main Event and although I haven't been watching every minute of the over 3 hour transmission, I have watched for long periods at a time and the problem hasn't happened once so far. If only someone kept us updated with what is being done to try to solve the problem, we may be able to provide some feedback.

ken242
Expert

i been told at there still working on the problem from a update email i got yesterday .

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Absolutely disgraceful paying good money to watch a darts match where you dont see where the dart landed until the players walking back from the oche..interupted sound and stuttering pictures, Darts is totally unwatchable..last time i pay for this shambles.

ken242
Expert

i just got email just to me hope all ok and go to the forum to see if there any news that all i got and thay know about the problem know new if there getting any were with the problem  on the sky sports channels   at 3 email i had it be comeineg joke now .ok i am paying £20 for the next 2 month them i go back to £33 pound hope it fixs by then  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just a thought, but I was wondering if anyone knows of any other options to watch Sky F1 channel, without using Now TV?

Is there another streaming service I could use through a Roku box, or something else to get a live stream to my TV?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Just a thought, but I was wondering if anyone knows of any other options to watch Sky F1 channel, without using Now TV?

Is there another streaming service I could use through a Roku box, or something else to get a live stream to my TV?

Watch it on Channel 4 @Anonymous User

Out of courtesy... If you want to know what apps you instal use on your Roku box, please ask over on the Roku forum, not the NOW TV forum.