cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Sports channels picture freezes sound continues

While using a black Now TV box with a wired connection and a 200 Mbit connection I regularly get 2-3 second picture freezes while the sound continues unaffected. While watching football it happens every 10 minutes or so. It's not a huge issue but more irritating and it only occurs while watching sports. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Just an update to apologise for the issues you have experienced when trying to watch sport on NOW TV. 

Yesterday we pushed out an update that should now have resolved the issue across our Sports Channels. 

We continue to monitor these channels, if you still experience this issue please let us know.

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

668 REPLIES 668
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The self-help guides are of no use when trying to solve the picture freezes whilst the sound continues.

I've contacted Now TV staff, via e-mail, using the reference they first gave me. Not even recieving any replies back.

They are just ignoring the e-mails now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watching Rugby League on Sky Sports Arena. Problem as evident as ever. When is this going to get sorted NOW TV. You managed to fix it for 1 week!

ken242
Expert

do not know what going on i i just finished watcing the cricket and it was ok now i got sky sport main event on wlth the rugby on and that ok os far so what goinging on ? tomorrow it will proably it go wrong tomorrow i going to keep my eye on is .

ken242
Expert

question to all nowtv members on here who got what box i got NOW TV Smart Box with over 60 free channels i got 2 NOW TV Smart Box question this what box you got a NOW TV Smart and still haveing problems with freezes your you got a small black box and still haveing problems with freezes . i got problems with freezes  back on mine today .

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ken242

I don't believe this random freezing of the picture on the sports streams are related to members NowTV playback hardware, brand of routers or broadband provider.

Have tested the sports broadcasts on my Now TV Smart box, NowTV Standard black box and Apple TV version 3 all exhibiting the same issues of the intermittent picture freezing.

IMO there is something fundamentaly wrong with the way NowTV are converting their satellite sports broadcast signal into an IPTV codec for the internet or their delivery method from their servers are somehow causing the problem.

Who knows, what is concerning is NowTV silence when updating customers who have complained on here ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps wrote:

IMO there is something fundamentaly wrong with the way NowTV are converting their satellite sports broadcast signal into an IPTV codec for the internet or their delivery method from their servers are somehow causing the problem.

I agree.    One thing I would say is that this isn't unique to Now TV.  I had the same issue with Premier Sports on Virgin TV Anywhere.  However I have not experienced the issue with other legitimate streams like BBC iPlayer or ITV Hub when watching football on them.  As for non-legitimate streams, I never ever watch them but this type of thing does occur with them according to people I don't know very well at all.

That said, I haven't noticed the issue in the last couple of days watching Premier League Asia Trophy and the golf.  I did think it was occuring when they focused on de Boer on the Palace bench, but he was just sitting very still 🙂

ken242
Expert

i email the now tv team today i just got a email back few mim ago to say thay are working on it right now and thay will get back soom .

stammie1609
Expert

@Anonymous User wrote:

@schnapps wrote:

I agree.    One thing I would say is that this isn't unique to Now TV.  I had the same issue with Premier Sports on Virgin TV Anywhere.  However I have not experienced the issue with other legitimate streams like BBC iPlayer or ITV Hub when watching football on them.  As for non-legitimate streams, I never ever watch them but this type of thing does occur with them according to people I don't know very well at all.

That said, I haven't noticed the issue in the last couple of days watching Premier League Asia Trophy and the golf.  I did think it was occuring when they focused on de Boer on the Palace bench, but he was just sitting very still 🙂

I don't see this issue on any legitimate service except Now TV, I don't have Premier Sports though so can't comment on that.

As well as the normal UK online players I use Now TV, BT Sports, Eurosport Player, ESPN College Pass and NFL Game Pass for my sports viewing and only Now TV exhibits this problem.

I am also lucky enough to have access to ESPN, NBCSN and Fox Sports from the US and even running through a VPN that slows down my connection by a factor of 5 these work perfectly (in fact better than any of the UK services).

As I've stated before I only use these US services for things not on British TV, preferring to do the right thing and pay for my access, but as NOW TV streams are getting worse I'm seriously considering cancelling if this persists into our football season and the American Football season.

£34 a month is more expensive than Sky or VM to get all Sky Sports channels so the delivery system should be perfect not the hit and mainly miss service it is now!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watching the 2017 British Open on Sky with my nowt white box, the image quality is APPALLING!  Never had this before, £10.99 for a pass to watch a blur!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My first  post has gone? First two days of the Open at Birkdale not one problem. Third day it freezes all the time. Odd though it never seems to happen during the ads? I'm sure something is happening.