cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wifi Range Extenders

I have recently moved to a nowtv broadband package and have the new V2 hub however the wifi coverage is really poor compared to what I had previously.

I have some powerline netgear kit, specifically a XAV1301 which connects to a port on the router and a power socket, and a XAVN2001v2 which connects to the XAV1301 to give an ethernet port and wifi wherever you want in the house.

So the ethernet part works fine however I cannot get it to extend the wireless as well (it worked seamlessly with my old BT router), I have tried all sorts of combinations to fix it, resetting the router, changing channels, attempting to connect manually and through wep, nothing works. 

Has anyone else experienced this sort of issue or have experience of using a wifi extender which works?

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

I am using the NOW Hub 2 and wifi coverage doesn't seem to be a problem for me in my particular home setup environment.

The only two things that i did from the default settings on the NOW Hub was to split the 2.4ghz and 5ghz network and disable IPV6.

If you are struggling with the wifi coverage and done all the basics, then get in touch with the NOW Broadband Team for further assistance and help.